SMS Gneisenau (IRCWCC)

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by absolutek, May 13, 2013.

1. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

You could set it up to charge in the boat and only remove if there is a major issue to address?

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

15ah for a weekend? .. Depending on the pump motor.. it may be per battle and maybe per sortie. In the Baden I would recharge my 4 packs that I ran in parallel for about 2ah on average between sorties... I believe that means I used about 8ah per sortie.. so 16ah per battle with 2 titan pumps, and not running full stream. You would need at least one more set.. and in addition to charge as a pack you need the balance adapter and a computer charger. If you charge single.. then a the brick charger will work.

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

It is a bit of a stretch, I believe last time I took this boat to a battle I was able to do five sorties on the 8ah lipo that was in it at the time. I do have a second set.

4. absolutek

Low profile rudder servo mount V2. This will allow me to have the servo right up close to the stern where a standard servo will not fit, using BC gears to turn the rudder.
    IMG_20170528_122820.jpg

rcengr, dietzer and Xanthar like this.
  5. absolutek

Main turrets. The one on the left I did in Fusion 360 and 3D printed. The one on the right is the cast version that comes from Battles Connection.

I am thinking since the one I made is actually not as tall as the BC one, and the BC one can't fit a cannon in it, I may add a little bit of height to mine so it can at least cover (most of) the breach of a cannon. Maybe add a breach shaped cut out a well.

IMG_20170609_074451.jpg

Beaver likes this.