Cancelled - USS Northhampton CA26 Build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Ralph Architzel, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Ralph Architzel

Ralph Architzel Member

I have the Strike Ship kit ordered and hope to get it soon to start building along with Mike's (my son's) help. Also Steve has offered help with this first build.

Mike and I want a detailed, nice replica model. I have ordered bb guns and plan to build to specifications for battle but the guns may never be fired in play as damage may not be an acceptable outcome.

Once it gets further along I will post some photos of the build in progress.

wdrca26.jpg

2. AdmiralBangerBang

AdmiralBangerBang Active Member

Good luck with the build!

3. Ralph Architzel

Ralph Architzel Member

Thanks for encouragement. Steve from Strike said he is shipping this week so now is the time for me to review the rules for the RC Combat builds in this area. I think it is IRCWCC International Radio Controlled Warship Combat Club, Inc.

4. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

yeah dude, good luck with it. that was my first boat back in 2002. the superstructure etc is easy as pie to build, and the dummy gun barrels can be made really beautifully with just copper tubing. If you want to make scale rubber boots for the guns, use pieces of black trashbag. they come out really well.

Ralph Architzel likes this.
  5. Ralph Architzel

Ralph Architzel Member

I was waiting a while to receive the NorthHampton kit and got the itch to build something easy. So I ordered a Trumpeter 1/200 Arizona on EBAY (China version) along with wooden deck kit and RC add on kits. So building and painting a 36 inch plastic model to use in pond and pool and exhibit. I was somewhat leery of battling anyway. Best wishes to you all and I still want to at least observe some battling this year.