555 timer

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Gettysburg114th, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Anyone been doing anything with the idea of the 555 timer for the guns?
    Thanks,

2. Gettysburg114th

I have a schematic but, at this time I can't find it.
    What would be nice is the ability to adjust the timer so that it could be used in other combat formats.
    Thanks,

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Bob, what manner are you using the 555 for? I had been doing thought-work on using one as an interrupter at the solenoids for each set of guns, but haven't got past the thinking stage :)

4. Gettysburg114th

Tug, I would like to use it to regulate the rate of fire. I found my schematic. In Treaty we are allowed to once every half second. I would imagine that the timer could be made to be adjustable.
    Thanks,

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

That's what I meant, I was looking to use it for Battlestations cannons, which are ROF limited also. I was thinking that the timer would be triggered by firing the cannons, at which point, it would interrupt any signals to the solenoids for a set period of time, preventing firing during the interval. I figured it'd be easier to interrupt the solenoid signal than to interface with the RC firing signal to the Team Delta card.