6 channel radio

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by kinggeorge, Jan 25, 2010.

1. kinggeorge

kinggeorge New Member

hi, does anyone know a decent, cheap, 6 channel radio?

2. moose421

moose421 Member

Hobby King makes a 6 channel radio that requires a hook up to a PC to set the end points and servo reversing. It sells for $33 plus shipping plus 15 for the interface cable.
    Also I have found one from Exceed that is $45 plus $5 for shipping, though I haven't heard any reports on it. The link for the Exceed is http://www.nitroplanes.com/2-4ghz-transmitter-receiver--full-version--for-rc-helicopters---airplanes.html

Hope this helps

Kim

3. kinggeorge

kinggeorge New Member

thanks guys but does anyone know any tha don't need a pc link?

4. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Hobby King has a new one that if field programmable without a PC. There are some cautions here, too, as it appears that only 4 cvhannels are fully proportional and 2 are switches only like the Spectrum. It is unknown if the 2 non stick channels are 3 way switches or 2 way like the Spektrum. We have a couple on a slow boat from China (literally), and will let everyone know how they work out once we have had a chance to battle test them. $59.95 See here: hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp
    You will need to decide on Mode 1 or Mode 2 models. I like Mode 1, myself, as I like the throttle to have a spring return to center - this is not common in the US, and most, apparently, do not.
    Another caution. They do not work with the other HK receivers that the T-6 (the computer programmable one) use. Keep in mind on the $33 T6, you only ned the $5 programming cable when you are changing the programming. Most of the programming can be donw on the bench at home, right next to your computer or laptop. The only thing you need to do at the pond is set the EPSs on the throttle. Yes, it has mechanical trims that you can adjust at the pond with no computer. You also get 6 fully porportional channels. And, an easy to mod radio. And, it is cheap enough to buy a spare. And, it is battle tested. And it has they dual receiver system. BUT, you will have to find and sort out the driver and programming software. Not hard, but it can be frustriating for the novice, epecially one with "not great" computer skills. Most young people who grew up with computers should have little problem.

Cheers,

5. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Hobby King has just come out with the new, revised, v2 6ch radio for even less - $24.99 (do pay for the $20 express shipping).
    And, a 7ch that does not require a computer to program - $59.99
    And, the new and improved 8 ch Turnegy v2 $59.95
    Cheers,

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Frank just got the 7ch radio. Its actually set up for Helo operation, but has a Aero function, which only gives 6 channel functionalty. Also when you turn the transmitter on, you muct have the throttle set to max down, to clear the helo throttle warning, then you can move it to center for boat operation. And then turn receiver on. Not a bad unit for $59.

7. Superb Cat

Superb Cat Member

Hi all, While we're looking around if anyone in australia has an old 6 function hitec Focus 6 Dual conversion radio could you email back to me please? I managed to drop mine and kill it so functions 5 and 6 don't work. Got a spare for the weekend to battle but need another as back up.
    Cheers

8. Superb Cat

Superb Cat Member

I know of a store in Hong kong, called R2 hobbies that have a 2.4Ghz radio called eurgle 9 function with two switches functioning as on /off and 7 proportional functions or 8 fully proportional function or somthing like that for $99US that I am tempted to get. the Eurgle 6 function has 6 fully proportional channels, the 2 toggles( 4 functions) plus 2 knobs for about %65US. The 6 function you need to use a laptop or something like that to program but the 9 function coes with an inbuilt screen and you just scroll throught the menu to change things.
    Gotta wait for the piggy bank to grow again as I've just bought squillions of dollars of stuff from the USA for my car and once I get a few hundred million Aussie bananna skins I'll get 2 of them as testers. One for the guy that leant me his radio and one for me for the Arizona.