A change of scenery

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Well, the time has come. It is official; I am leaving Nova Scotia and moving to Vancouver Island. I will (hopefully) be there on 1 Sept of this year. I am saddened to leave my fellow captains and their targets…uh I mean boats but it is time for a change.
    I intend to start a club on the Island, as long as I can find people who want to have fun, enjoy a little competition, are not afraid of the water, like have the bejesus frustrated out of them and want to become OBSESSED just like me. Time now to finish the house and put it on the market. More updates to follow.
    J

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Looks like I'll be finally having an excuse to get a passport..

We (the Washington Cascade Clumn) will be likely having a battle in Sept and probably October in the Bellevue or Tacoma area, it'd be a bit of a drive for you, but you're more than welcome to come join us.

3. Jay Jennings

Thank you Nick, I look forward to meeting you all in Washington. I probably won't make a battle this fall as I start work on 1 Sept and don't think I will be able to get away that soon, but you never know.
    J

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Very best to you Captain! When Curt left in 2007 it left a void in the local NABS crew that came out every weekend during the summer. Myself, Breckin and Paul steered the NABS armada for the better part of a two summers and then with Breckin entrenched in the military, Paul's work schedule and finally me leaving to Fredericton, NB, I would have to say you have been the most consistent and loudest voice/most active member since then. I certainly wish you the best of luck forming a club in BC, and I hope that the phoenix can rise from the ashes in Nova Scotia. As Paul already eluded to me in on BBM... "and then there was one."

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

As they say in the highlander movies " There can be only one"

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Good Luck Jay. Van Island is a great spot for RC sports and hobbies. Weather is better for it too. I had a blast there you will too. Check out the model shows , the BC museum and my favorite Miniature World.

Paul maybe Nabs should be changed to NAPS..(North Atlantic Paul Squadron)

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I certainly dont want it to read NABS ( No Active Boats Sailing). I am aiming to have a boat out by mid July.By hook or by crook.

8. Jay Jennings

I will run with you while I am able and here.
    J

9. Craig

Craig Active Member

I will come out as well Paul. Some of the gang are willing to travel.... perhaps if we get enough things happening we can resurrect some stuff.... we'll talk when you come down.

10. Jay Jennings

I have an actual date of departure now of the 3rd of Oct. I should arrive in BC 10-12 days after that. I am also retiring from the Navy as I have a new job out West. One of my new co-workers has expressd an interrest in the hobby, I have known him for over 10 years so hopefully he will be the first new member.
    J

11. Jay Jennings

Well here I am on the West Coast, we are in a hotel waiting for our stuff to arrive.
    Already found a hobby shop here and a couple others farther away.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, once the house sold it was hurry up and find a place to live.
    we had 2 weeks to find a place, get set up and then move.
    It was fast and stressful at best but we have finally arrived.
    More to follow once we are moved in.
    J

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear you are safe and sound on the west coast

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Good to know Jay. What hobby store did you find? Your move brings back memories of my move from Newfoundland to Victoria BC. I had my IJN AOBA packed in with my matteress. It arrived unscathed.

14. Jay Jennings

I think it is called extreme hobbies. Haven't been in yet have a couple of things I have to do before I start building boats, one is to build the garage out of the car port so I have an oiutside the house place to work.
    J

15. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

"Extreme Hobbies" eh?

Wait till they get a load of how "extreme" what we do is.......hah!

16. Jay Jennings

You are right Darren, the store is brand new and opened the beginning of this week. I am gooing to drop in tomorrow and check it out.
    J

17. Jay Jennings

Well Extreme Hobbies it ain' t, not yet. He is stilll putting the store together so we will see. He seemed pretty interrested about the hobby, but haven't we all seen that before. Only time will tell. I am looking for hobby shows in the area, so I hope to have some luck that way.

Once the garage gets built, the boat shop gets built, hoping for that to occur before Christmas. We are still unpacking boxes, we ran out of room for stuff so again waiting on the garage. Downsizing sucks but it will be worth it in the end.

J