Looking For A group near me and a ship or two to get started

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Justin Ragucci, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Hey guys I am newish to this I have a Cleveland class cruiser kit from BC but I sadly have no way to build it because I haven’t seen one of these ships in person before and I can’t exactly just wing it. Was wondering if there is a group close to me and possibly someone that has a ship or two for sale so I can get into battles while
    I build the Cleveland! Thanks all!

2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

There is a group in NY that may be close also some in PA. I am a member of a club in Ohio as well as looking to join one in TX. I live in Oklahoma so travel is a requirement for me to battle. This is true for the vast majority of us.

3. Justin Ragucci

That’s the thing how would I get in contact with these groups? Would you happen to know the names or can I search for them? Plus I don’t mind the travel I do vintage car racing and travel all around for that this is just a hobby that I have been interested in since I found the first video back when I was 16!

4. Justin Ragucci

I also know that there was a group in NJ but I don’t know what happened to it guess not a lot of Jerseyans are into this hobby. I will take any advice I can get being the newbie that I am any help is appreciated. Thank you for the quick response too.

5. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

You just got lucky with the quick post. Lol. I just happened to be on here at that moment. Lol. There is a section on this site with club listings and a member location map. I would start there.

6. Justin Ragucci

Yeah was looking at that earlier found someone who is only about 2 hours out from me in New York which is good hopefully I can get someone to meet up with and take a look at their stuff and go from
    There.

7. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hey bud, I am located in Southern Jersey, near AC. There is another group located in NY. Probably a bit of a hike for you to come down to me, but you're more than welcome. We regularly make trips to visit the Maryland guys, could always reserve a seat for you there as well.

I'm no expert but I've built a few boats and could give some advice, but the NY guys are much more knowledgeable than I. Either way, welcome to the hobby!

I do have a ship you could set up for battling while you build your Cleveland, it would need all the running parts but is a complete hull with superstructure/turrets/etc. Feel free to shoot me a PM, etc, if you wanted to chit chat more.

8. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Welcome. There is an event close to you in early May that could put you in contact with the active battlers in the region. Close is relative in this hobby.

Here is the info

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/battle-for-mings-moat-2018-spring-tickets-43059884273

There are a lot of extensive build threads on this forum that outline all of the major steps. Depending on how much time you have to work on your boat, you should be able to get it ready for the fall battles pretty easily. A simple cruiser like the Cleveland could be built in a few good weekends. I recommend focusing on one build vice starting to get several ships ready. The posts you have been looking at in the for sale section aren't too far along to provide too much of a head start. I should be at the battle in May and I will bring along my HMS Fiji light cruiser for you to check out. Here is a thread showing the refit that I completed recently

https://www.rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/hms-fiji-refit.445461/

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  9. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I'm in Red Lion, Pa and build on the weekends. The doors are always open.
    Bob

Justin Ragucci and NickMyers like this.
  10. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

Hello,
    Im in Philadelphia feel free to message me if your in the area.

Justin Ragucci likes this.
  11. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP