adding 7th channel to tx

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Mark, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Mark

Mark Active Member

just finished modifying my futaba radio and have to say that was one of the most difficult things (electrically) that I'v ever done. I used the NXTBG site for the adding of the 7th channel and the 4 fire buttons. I removed the dual rate switch and trainer switch along with the trainer modual (located in the back) to make room for fie buttons and new circut board. the whole project cost about $8 and 3 hours of my time to compleat. I also disconected the left-right function on the right gimble and replaced it with 2 fire buttons at the top right of the tx. all in all a worthwile project that produced a much more effective controller for my Shimakaze and I-400 and would like to thank all those who post such how to articles on the web that allow anybody to perform these mods, its appreciated.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

If you can elaborate on how it was difficult, maybe someone can update the instructions to make it easier. Personally, I thought it was pretty simple, but our backgrounds are probably different. Still, $8 & 3 hours sounds like a pretty easy task.
    I'm glad it's working out well for you!
    JM

3. Mark

Mark Active Member

the difficulty was that the capacitor that needed to be soldered onto the board was about the size of the tip of a pencil, other than that it was fairly strait forward. (takes a real steady hand)