Adding firing buttons to a VEX 6 ch

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by donanton, Feb 25, 2008.

1. donanton

donanton Member

Anyone do this yet?

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

All radios are pretty much the same. I've put buttons in several different Futabas, Airtronics, Spectrums. Get a meter and find out what the corrrect resistor is and solder carfully. I would think it is best to have someone help you the first time. I was very nervious on my first one, after that they were easy.

3. wrenow

wrenow RIP

What firing buttons do you want to add? It comes with 4 already (2 for channel 5 and 2 for channel 6). They are on the back, set for the index finger and its neighbor. That is one of the nice things about the Vex for a battle radio.

Cheers,

4. donanton

donanton Member

I was wondering how just in case i think of something to add later which buttons would be easier to use with.

5. wrenow

wrenow RIP

I can't imagine wanting to give up one of the precious analog channels for buttons, on that particular radio, but there are tons of posts on the net about how to replace a bot with a couple of resistors and two switches. In fact there is one thread in this section about it, pictures and all. Vex is modified same as any other. No magic.

Cheers,

6. donanton

donanton Member

ok thanks