Ahoy M8s

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Malecki, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Malecki

Malecki New Member

A captain in the Chicago Illinois area. Only problem is that there is no club within 100 miles, but that has not stopped me from building a ship. Granted it's been a few years since I purchased the Swamp Works kit, but hey.. there isn't anyone to battle with here, so there was no real hurry to complete her. I'm very very very nearly complete, just need to get the weapon system finalized, and someone to give her a good look over.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Captain Malecki
    USS Chicago CA-29

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I was just on your site the other day... I forget how I found it.. huh, small world! :)

BTW, your photos aren't public... we can't see them.

3. Malecki

Malecki New Member

Duh... capital C for Chicago in the URL. Yeah I help a local rc boat club with their website. In return I get to use web space for graphics.
    Thanks for the fyi.

4. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Looks good. How are you arming it? also, with whom do you battle?

5. Malecki

Malecki New Member

Aiming, uhm... I was just going to line up the stern and run. As for battle, I haven't been in one yet or seen a live battle. I just ran across websites like this and thought to myself it would be cool to build a ship for battle. I hope that someday soon I can get with someone to actually finish her off. Then take her to a battle and get sunk.

6. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Using the new "captain finder" :)

There seems to be 5 other captains in Illinois alone, (6 if you count your other user account). I would try getting in touch with them and getting a battle going!

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The Dayton area groups are planning to have some battles over near Fort Wayne, In. this summer. Spring also possibly.
    We will post a schedule down the road.
    Nice looking ship.
    Mikey

8. squires

squires Member

wow nice looking ship good work getting her done

9. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Very nice looking ship almost makes me miss my old Indianapolis. Hey you are welcome to come down and battle with the Buckey Battle Squadron in ohio anytime! We have a nice pond in the Newark Area and will have battle or two in the northern part of the state and Erie Pa.
    Buddy

10. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

Welcome!
    That same hull is going to be my first ship as well. Doubt it will turn out nearly as nice as yours. Very well done! Plus it makes me glad I am going to the allied side since well I would hate to be the one to try and put holes in such a fine ship! :p

11. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

You know, his is nice, put dont put yourself down. I started this week on my SS, and i told myself that it would come out horrible. Well, the first one did. But i did a second one, and now, besides a coat of gray and black paint, some string and the attachment of a few flags, its done, and im really proud of it.
    You never know what you can do until youve done it. Best of Luck.