Another one from Floridia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dark_reaper, Aug 14, 2009.

1. dark_reaper

dark_reaper New Member

Ello from Florida, I am currently constructing a liberty ship as a test ship to help with technique. After I finish this ship I will be working on a Des Moines ship. I will be posting a journal when I get through some construction.

2. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Welcome aboard!

3. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Where are you located at in Florida

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! What ruleset are you building to?

5. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

Howdy, this is a great forum with plenty of advice.

Steve

6. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Welcome to the Hobby. There is a very active group around Orlando that is in the MWC Rule set. I am curious if you plan to battle MWC rules as I could offer some Friendly Advice on your planned first Gunned ship.

7. dark_reaper

dark_reaper New Member

Thanks all, I live in Fernandina,and yes I plan on the MWC rules. I am currently working on a Liberty Ship, mainly as a test ship to work on technique and possibly be a target practice ship for my future ships.

8. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

That is not a bad Idea at all. Really talk to a few of the Orlando guys like djrainer.

From my own Experience with the Des Moines it was a great to build ship as it allowed for errors, but its length just does not allow it to turn very good. It makes a good snipeing ship and I am not sure what kind of battler you will or want to be, but the Des Moines is a stay away from the main battle and take pots type of ship. You may wish to consider a smaller cruiser if you want to tangle it up a bit more. In the end the key is to build a ship you will enjoy. I still have my Des Moines, but I am much happier battling my Konig Class Dreadnought now.

9. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

Ah, German dreadnoughts. I look forward to having my SMS Bayern on the water someday!

10. dark_reaper

dark_reaper New Member

I am considering other ships, right now I want to start off slow so I can work on my technique. Another ship Im looking at is a Northhampton cruiser, and a couple of others. BTW, would you be able to use differential turns(stop/ reverse one prop while other still goes foward, like differential breaks.) ?

11. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

That is against the rules. All Props must push a ship either all forward or all backward per the rules. The North Hampton is a great little ship. I got to borrow one as my first ship in a battle once. Again feel free to ask any other questions we are here to help. And keep in mind in the end you build what you want to and not what everyone says you should. you will normally have more fun that way.

12. dark_reaper

dark_reaper New Member

Thanks again, i kind of figure that. But I am looking into other classes, i do plan on building other ships.

13. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Sage advice that.