Any opinions on this regulator?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by tgdavies, Jun 29, 2012.

1. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-PAINTBALL-CO2-COMPRESS-AIR-REGULATOR-0-150PSI-/170849461198#ht_3384wt_1024
    I'm looking for a regulator for big gun -- I don't have a ship at present, but would like to be able to experiment.

2. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

That looks like it has potential - put a cap on the output and put a 10-32 fitting where the gage is. It would be nice to know how much it weighs.

3. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

I would guess 2oz or so. Put an ASA (Air Source Adapter) with a couple outputs on it and it'll probably match the weight of a Strike regulator.

4. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

The vendor says 'about 0.12kg', which is 4 1/4 oz.

Mark, why would you cap the output rather than capping where the gauge connects?

Tom

5. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

For two reasons. First, if I really want light weight, then I need to get rid of the gage. The gage hole should have a standard pipe thread so that will make it easy to cap or put a 10-32 thread adapter in that hole. On the the other hand, the outlet is the standard paintball (ASA?) thread which is pretty large. I'm sure you can get an adapter to put on that end (a fill station adapter for instance) but because it is a large thread, the adapter is going to be relatively heavy. On the other hand, I have some aluminum caps for that thread which are very light. These are sold to protect the bottle threads when they are being stored or transported. So it should be lighter and cheaper to use the gage port as the CO2 source.

6. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

Thanks Mark -- I don't have a great deal of practical knowledge at this point, so that's a useful explanation.

7. jch72

jch72 Active Member

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Gage port may have limited output flow. Palmers pursuit shop has some small adapters that would work to reduce the port size.
    Ron Hunt

8. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

did you ever get one of these regulators?

9. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I have used caps on bottles to protect the threads. They are not airtight.. I had a leaky bottle that leaked out. Sometimes the caps hold air but usually they dont.

10. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

No, I haven't bought one -- still not at the point where I can start my gun experiments.