ANyone Battling in New England: CT, RI or MASS

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by erinjohncavan, Oct 23, 2007.

1. erinjohncavan

erinjohncavan New Member

Just wondering if any battles are coming up in New England or if anyone is actively Battling. I get up to Cape Cod Quite a bit and have a friend in the USCG up there that would be very interested in attending a battle.

John Gardner

2. House Kurita

House Kurita New Member

I joined this forum earlier this monthy and there has been no activity in the New England region. I'm not sure if they all take the winter off.

Stu

3. erinjohncavan

erinjohncavan New Member

Stu

Where you located maybe when I get my VDT finished we could get together for a battle.

4. House Kurita

House Kurita New Member

I live in East Granby CT. I am in the process of building my first ship but I would love to have someone to bounce questions off of during construction and then someone to kick me around as I learn to fight. Where are you located?

Stu

5. erinjohncavan

erinjohncavan New Member

I live way out on Long Island in Cutchogue.

I am new to the Hobby also. But have built some R/C Boats (Tugs) so I have an idea how controls work etc.

There are some battles in Esopus NY with
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYBG/

I havent been able to make one yet but they are talking about having some battle in Nov so there is still a chance before winter sets in.

I am building a Von Der Tann (German Battle Cruiser)

I think I have everything I need and have started on the propulsion mechanical/system I will go to the deck and cutting (I am very nervous about that) the hull next.

JTG

6. House Kurita

House Kurita New Member

Well I am building a pre-dred Lord Nelson and my brother is building a King George IV. We have just started so it's going to be a bit before we are seaworthy but we are very dedicated. After the winter we hope to have things floating...we shall see.

I think that the NY battle group is big gun while we are looking at going fast gun.

Let's connect sometime.

Stu

7. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

Stu
    the New york group is fast gun http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BigGunsModelWarship/ the other group is Big Gun , Empire State Battle Group.

8. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

I am in the Boston erea and will hopfully be ready to go this season missed last do to hull back order guess I will have to build it from scatch barnstormers is MIA[:(!]

9. EricMA

EricMA Member

Hey Powder Monkey
    Since you live in the Boston area and I live in Plymouth (Work in Quincy) any chance we could hook up? I could use some help getting my hull started. I have the plans. I just need to find out what thickness the ribs need to be and get it. I found a hobby store in Hyannis that has everything I need to build my ship.

10. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

no problem email me I will get it right away I dont check here all the time I would be glad to help you out

11. EricMA

EricMA Member

What is the difference between big gun and fast gun? Can the same type of ships be used for both?