AusBG June Nationals 2010

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by DarrenScott, Jun 20, 2010.

1. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's a lot of video. I'm just starting to go through it all.

I saw an interesting rescue in one video, with two battleships pushing a disabled transport back to shore. During the rescue, other ships were warned off and avoided both the rescuers and the rescue-ee. Are such rescues common in the AusBG? And is the cease-fire on those ships normal, or was there a special situation (ie ram damage) that would call for a cease-fire?

3. DarrenScott

The transport wasn't pumping, but was dead in the water, and (I believe) declared sunk. In a display of gentlemanly conduct, one red fleet SoDak and a blue fleet Lion pushed him to shore.
    In the AusBG, we do have cases where ships are allowed to go unmolested as a sporting gesture, but it's not a written rule. Sort of like asking for quarter in a duel. This was one such case.
    Other times we ask for no quarter, and give none.

4. DarrenScott

Kotori, have you run through all the videos yet?
    Just wondering what impression it gives you of our ships and battling style.
    BTW, all the battle vids from Madox were shot at the Sydney Battle Squadron's home pond,on the grounds of the Hubertus Country Club.
    It's a germanic type club,the pond is great and the food is amazing.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I see lots of big Allied battlewagons. I'll bet your local cannon maker sells a lot of triple 1/4 inch cannons. Where are all the Axis ships? It also seems that people are more cautious about contact between ships. Other than that, it just looks like a different club with different people and a different mix of ships on the water. I'd love to visit, at some point. My Viribus could have a lot of fun with all those big, slow-turning behemoths :)

I am curious. I saw one WWI warship, with what looked like four twin turrets. Is that an R class?

6. DarrenScott

That would be Steve Cowan's evil, nasty, vicious Queen Elizabeth. It can turn on a dime, hit you hard from any angle and is hard to kill. Plus it looks great too.
    Iowas are the current "flavour of the month", but gee they are easy to hit, and if you can sucker them into a one-on-one they lose their speed advantage. Punch them in the nose a few times and their long narrow bow drops like a stone.
    A while ago it was SoDaks.
    Axis ships are well represented with Bismarck, Mogami, Littorio,and Yamato.
    French dual quad BB's are popular too.

I still run my old Rodney, and do my best to protect my merchants from the horde.
    We don't sail allied/vs/axis, but use a red fleet/blue fleet system, based on clubs. Look for the coloured ribbons tied to the mainmasts.