Baltimore Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by shakeyboba, Aug 7, 2007.

1. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

I am seeking a baltimore class Heavy Crusier No cannons necessary as it will become a big gun ship. No junk please.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Check out Barnstormer Boat. He has a Baltimore "Coming Soon".
    http://www.barnstormerboats.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=85
    But is has been "Coming Soon" for a long time. Now it looks like he has two of them in stoke, but the price is only $25. He was asking for a $25 deposite when he was getting the plug done. I e-mailed him this morning asking about it as I started to wonder what was up. Funny you're looking for one too.

3. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

No you have this a little wrong . It is a 25 doller deposit on a future boat ( price unknown) . that is not 2 boats in stock but minus 2 boats in stock. I had one ordered but he returned my money and is not taking any order's. That is why I am looking for a Oregon City Crusier which was built on a Baltimore Hull and a Pittsburg superstructure.

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

The Pittsburgh had a standard Baltimore superstructure. The Oregon City class (Oregon City, Albany, and Rochester) shared a superstructure similar to the Des Moines class heavy cruisers and Fargo class light cruisers.

Mike D

5. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey guys HI!! Yes the Oregon City he has listed is mine that he is supposed to be building off of. I have sent him an email and not heard from him for a while and the 2 he has on back order are proably mine. In any case I have started to biuld new on tired of waiting on him. If you would like a wooden hull of a Balitmore I could buiild you one , it would take about 3 months I have been moved to first shift and so have to do my building in the evenings and weekends when not doing the honey dos for the wife. Now I would build up to the main deck and could put in the shafts and rudder for you or just the hull and you put them in. Check out my pics of the USS Utah project I just sent it to James Wade! I also sold my HMS Sheffield and Alan Brierly now ownes it. If you are real interested it is $100 for a hulls ready for shafts and rudder if you wnat me to make and install them with props it would be 145 plus shipping.
    Buddy Friend

6. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

I was hoping to get a fiberglass hull, But when in need take the best offer. A ship with shaft's and rudders is great. the time peroid is better than what I'm getting now and the price is fine. How and when do you want payment

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

Checking in here.... is the Baltimore an RTR Buddy?

8. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

Buddy is building me a USS Oregon (USS Rochester) hull with shafts and props. You can see the progress in the pictures gallery.

Bob

9. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Yes I ordered a Baltimore class hull from Barnstormers with a $25. Deposit on November 29, 2006 so one is mine when I originally ordered I was hull #4 Tim is not replying to my emails. Anyone have a phone number for him. I missed a whole season would like to get my hull some time in the next year or so or my money back. Buddy Tim last told me at first contact he needed to fix your hull said it was wrong than he dropped off the radar. I don’t know if you remember but you sent me an email in regards to your hull and its history .

10. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey guy Ye she said my orginal hull dipped in the back. ZI got to look at my plans and compared them to a balitmore plans from floating drydock.Any way I fixed the problem on my plans and templates. I have not got an answer back from him either. Far as I know I am the only one that can build them or does right now.I am glad to hear from you again!
    Buddy friend

11. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

The City of Rochester NY and the town of Ontario welcome the Heavy Cruiser USS Rochester frsh from the Buddy ship builders shop. She is a fine ship, a fast ship and will go in harms way. Buddy should be proud of her , great work.
    Bob
    Empire State Battle Group

12. Powder Monkey

post some pictures

13. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Guys for those interested. Battlers Connection has a Baltimore Class Cruiser Hull they are selling.

Edited it some due to the fact I did not type worth a hoot when I first posted.

14. Powder Monkey

I dont thiink they do. I just rechecked and didnt see it still?

15. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

I stand corrected. I had mixed up their Cleavland class as a Baltimore from just thinking off the top of my head. sorry about that.

16. Powder Monkey

NO TROUBLE JUST GOT ME EXCITED IS ALL ;-)

17. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

The pictures have been posted since Buddy first got the plans . they are in file manager . Look in the file shakey. By the way it is a Oregon City class.

18. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

I am so glad it got to you ok. I hope to see you and it in action some day!

19. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

The below is copied from the Barnstormer Boats web site, now we know why he's been so quiet.

"The partnership that comprised Barnstormer Boats Llc has broken up. My ex-partners complete refusal to contribute to the production of orders has caused long waits for many customers and I apoligize deeply for that. Further, they have closed the company Paypal account and transferred the balance into their personal account. These actions and others have left me quite damaged finacially, and forced me to move out of the shop we were renting. Their actions have driven me to a chapter 13 personal bankruptcy in order to protect my family from further loss. I will be working to ship all outstanding orders as soon as possible at my own expense and will have to litigate compensation from my ex-partners.

The new shop is nearly ready for production, but I am currently working two full time jobs to support my family so it will take a while for me to get caught up. In the meantime, this site will soon be changing names in order to make a fresh start on my own.

I assure you I have no intention of getting out of the hobby I have enjoyed for so many years.

Sincerely,

Tim Jordan

Founder"

20. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Damn, that's rough. I hope he recovers quickly from this.