Battery Charger

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by tgalx3, Feb 16, 2010.

1. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I am looking for a good battery charger that will charge my ship batteries (6v 8.2amp) and my transmitter batteries (Turnigy AA LSD 2200mah) at the same time. I have two ship batteries and 8 radio batteries. They all don't have to be charges at the same time. Maybe one ship battery and 2 radio batteries at the same time. Some sort of combination like that.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Strike Models has a very nice battery charger. It needs a 12v power supply, but those can be found cheap at your local electronic surplus store. This battery charger will handle any battery you've got.
    http://www.strikemodels.com/products/batteries-and-battery-chargers/

3. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

It looks like it doesnt have a place to charge AA batteries

4. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

there are exactly zero quality chargers that take cell batteries. if you need to charge loose cells, you will have to find a battery holder to put them in and then connect that to the charger.

5. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Hey that is a real deal and looks like it will fit my needs very well, Thanks Strike Models, I will order two very soon,
    Carl

6. wrenow

wrenow RIP

The one from Strike looks to be a really good one, and is similar to one that I have.
    Another one that bears a look is the Triton series.
    However, my current fave iw my Hyperion 6061 - it runs on either AC or 12vDC and is pretty darned smart. Handles LiPo and LiFePO4 as well as NiCd, MiMH, SLA, and others.

Cheers,

7. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

Am I reading the description right? This charger has no power source? Not even a plug for an AC outlet?

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Like the Triton and many other field chargers, the one from Strike Models is designed to clip onto a car battery. You can buy power supplies that convert from wall power to 12vDC, or spoof a computer power supply into doing the same thing.