Battle 23 Aug

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I am on vacation for the next two weeks, but I hope some of you get out and play. The 23rd of August at 11 am at Uniacke House (unless there is another spot we can use) I will out with Scharnhorst, should be able to get Steve Crane for sure.
    J

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I will see what I can do.

3. Jay Jennings

Well I am home from an eventful but otherwise good vacation. We went to my parents cottage which is a couple hours north of Toronto.
    Day 2 Mom knocks on our bedroom door and tells us (Pam and I) that Dad is having chest pains and to go meet the ambulance. YIKES!! Thank God he is alright- no heart attack!
    On the second Friday we were there, Tommy the fellow dog sitting for us, calls and says that we were broken into. They took the TV, DVD, X-BOX and 180 DVDs and some frozen meat. Who knows what stupidity lurks in the minds of A------S? They pulled all the stuff off of our basement shelves, including the SHINANO yup she is damaged. They also left a chicken from the freezer under all that stuff and a bag of haddock fillets under some plastic bags. What a stink!
    Anyway, I don't think I will have Scharnhorst resheetted by the weekend- I haven't found all my stuff yet. Tom did a great job picking stuff up, but he didn't know where to put everything, hell I don't know where it all goes!!!!! I will see what I can do.
    PS. for everyone who figures dogs will keep out thieves (like me), I have 3 Pitbulls and these clowns came in through a window in the middle of the day, while the dogs were out back. Set your alarm!!!!!
    J

4. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your house Jay but your right all we ever see is the allies back side while they run away time and time again.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the break in Jay.

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear as well. I am looking at an alarm system after this.

7. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Crime in the HRM is getting worse

8. Jay Jennings

With 3 pitbulls, you wouldn't think an alarm is necessary, but we too are getting one. This was someone we know and who the dogs know, makes me angry. I found a bag of fish fillets on the floor next to the freezer under a bunch of bags. My work room smells so bad. I haven't been able to stay in there for more than a few minutes at a time.
    J

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Sadly I won't be able to make it as I have not manager to get a shift trade completed. Nobody was willing to make the change.

10. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

We should cancel the battle. Hurricane Bill is still force 3 - the latest NHC and CHC plots show it passing along our coast shoreward of Sable Island on Sunday. Bill's hurricane force winds have extended over 115 miles from the center so we may be hit as hard as we were by force 2 Hurricane Juan in 2003. In addition to the winds 100mm of rain are predicted for Sunday. Batten down the hatches!!
    Bob

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am with you on that one.