Battlersconnection pix

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by JustinScott, Mar 15, 2008.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Does anyone have "stock battlersconnection" pictures for the following ships?

* Mogador (Probably not, too difficult to be done quickly)
    * vdt
    * Konig
    * Nagato

I want to have a fighting ship this year & just don't have the time to finish the iowa the way she needs to be. So instead of rushing construction and winding up with a ship that isn't exactly what I want. My plan is to "outsource" the hull,deck,superstructure of a "stand-by" ship to battlersconnection (& probably tranny,etc). So I have a ship ready-to-go & there is no more time pressure for iowa.

My concern is if I get one of these ships, I want most of the "fiberglass work" finished for me. IE, I don't want to spend much time at all making the superstructure pretty. (However, I don't want just a silhoutte) SO, does anyone have any photos of a "stock ship KIT (w/superstructure)" from battlersconnection? So I know what is really included.

I emailed rick, and he said he didn't have any photos. (strange)

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Ive got a BC VDT
    are you looking for something like this?

[​IMG]

3. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Konig or VDT kits are the way to go then, both had simple Superstructures. And either ship can perform well. Both had dual rudders. [:D] Which is what you need on the slower ships. The Koneg superstructure looks about like Snipe's VDT. But a little slower. Koneg does have more guns. [;)], and runs fine on one motor.

4. JustinScott

Is that the "stock" superstructure?

----

What is it that I'm actually asking?

I don't want a used ship. I just want to purchase a pre-fabricated hull / deck / superstructure. I still want to cut the hull, choose my motors, choose my cannons... paint, batts, radio, etc. Just minimal fiberglassing / wood work.

On battlersconnection.com, they say:
    "The models pictured on the following pages may show more detail than what is offered in our kits"

So, I want to know what "more detail" I'll need to do to the "stock" VDT (for example) to make it look like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Yup thats the "stock" superstructure sans turrets. (which it does come with they just aren't in the photo) Details are overrated, they just get shot off anyway.

6. JustinScott

I'm one of those crazies that like the details. :)

Thanks Snipe! That answers my question perfectly.

7. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

When I get some time I will take shots of my Konig that is so far unassembled. the super structure is the basic details. There are things I want to add to mine just to make it look like more than just a silhouette.

8. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

any one got a pic of there life boats and such

9. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

BC sells boats and stuff produced by Grey Wolf Squadron, so these pics should be okay...

http://www.greywolfsquadron.com/accessories.html

For the detail-oriented, IIRC they sell pieces of termite armor that look like the vents that go on the SS, too.

10. JustinScott

So, Tuggy... I will be getting some termite & etc for this boat. Would it be better for you (or me) to buy from you directly?

11. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

thanks tugg just what I was looking for

12. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

No problem, monk :)

Justin, I don't represent GWS. Brian K who is my best friend is one of the 2 guys who are Grey Wolf. If you email him direct, he can give you a price and all that stuff. He's coming over this week to help me out with some projects (masters of Greg's Bismarck SS molds), so he'll have plenty of time for casting you some :)

13. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Actually Justin, I have the BC VDT kit and the pre-molded superstructure looks EXACTLY like the picture from snip hunter. The pictures on the website are of a ship I heard was made by Charley. It is significantly upgraded from the basic resin parts you get from BC. There are no masts and there are no louvers for the stacks, no flying bridge, and I dont know what to call those little sections that are off the deck but none of those either.

14. JustinScott

Thanks, but I went with Greg's Tirpitz. (There was no option, that beautiful ship for sale? Forget it...)