Battleship Row

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CURT, Sep 28, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

After speed testing was completed I decided to get a couple of pics of my ships. I was missing one but it's in refit still.
    [​IMG]
    Missouri Yamato and Roma.
    [​IMG]
    3 Very different hull forms
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3 SUPERSTRUCTURES left is the Missouri incomplete, Roma in the center and Yamato on the right
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All 3 with thier center hatches removed. They all carry thier main batteries in the middle of thier hulls.
    [​IMG]
    All this ....
    [​IMG]
    Plus this ....
    [​IMG]
    fit into our car a Hyundai accent 4 door compact.

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

hey Curt,
    I can't wait to see all of them together, with Bismarck!!! There all looking great!!! Who is the oldest ship in the fleet??
    Nikki

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Some very nice looking ships there. Impressive indeed.
    Well done.
    Mikey

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. The oldest ship in my fleet is Bismarck built back in 1993.The Yamato was Ralph Cole's 2nd production hull from 1997 or 98. It was bought by a member from Alberta Canada then he sold it to me back in 2000. I started building it in 2001/2002 I think maybe 2003. Roma was made by Ralph before Yamato and I believe it was his first one or 2nd hull made back in 1997 or 1998. It's been through 3 captains first with me then back to a Nabs Member then to another Nabs member finally back with me. I built it 2 years ago to completion however it had been started almost10yrs before that. So it's fairly old. Missouri is the youngest being less than a year old.
    Howeve out of 4 Bismarck and Yamato has seen the most combat action, day and night cruises and show and event displays. Bismarck was sold to a Nabs Member back in 2002 where it stayed in NB till 2 years ago where I repurchased it again. Both Bismarck and Yamato were club flagships promoting Nabs and Rc combat up here in the Atlantic region along with other prominent club ships of which there are very many. Both Bismarck and Yamato are my most photographed in newspaper and most captured on film. Both have had many appearances in local media. I am very happy with how they turned out and how they have kept my interest in the hobby. Up here nobody in this province is doing RC combat so it falls on me to try and get it going here. I spoke to a new owner of a PRO RC ship and showed him the ships and vids so we did talk about collaborating for a RC show event. Hopefully I will have more ships ready by then.