Big Gun Equipment

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by klibben, Sep 20, 2009.

1. klibben

klibben Member

A friend has been out of the hobby for years now and has decided to sell off some stuff... I told him I'd try and help him sell them. This is just what he told me - if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and I'll get answers for you.

3 3x1/4" cannons, 5" mags old style machined, pre-valprasio (AKA Good ones) [never installed, never sunk]
    MAKE AN OFFER

More things may be posted later.

2. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I'm not interested at the moment, but I'll start passing the word around and help find someone who's in the market.

3. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I shall ask around in our club.

It will be a long time before I am ready to purchase cannons for my Tirpitz.

Can you give us a hint has to what else may be availble for us BIG guns types????

With you being in Ohio, it would be very easy for me to stop by on one of my trips to Northern Illinois.

4. klibben

klibben Member

Thanks,

As for what may be for sale next I'm not sure... he's got quite a bit of stuff as far as I'm aware. Everything needed for a few big gun ships I believe.

He's got a cruiser, a convoy, and a partial built battleship. He's also got molds - from hulls to superstructure. He asked I only list those guns for now, as he started to regret selling things off in case one day he decided to start up again. I think if the guns bring a different price that may change his mind.

Knight, he lives down in Columbus if that is along your way.

5. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I have sailed up US 77 to US 70 numerous times.
    Need I say more?

In the summer I normally take US 76 to US 80.
    In the winter months I take a more southern route of US 70.
    Working on being in Illinois for Christmas this year.....
    (It's the wife's working schedule that may cause that to fall through.)

Once I took US 64 straight across. (That took too long!)

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Any chance of photos?

I just emailed a bunch of club members about the cannons. I will also talk about them at the battle this sunday. Given the number of people I'm expecting to attend, and the WWCC's constantly expanding fleets, odds are pretty good that someone will want them. How is shipping to California?

7. klibben

klibben Member

I'll look into that for you...

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Klibben, can you PM me contact info for the seller? I've got at least one person who wants those cannons. Also, do you know if barrels and MPA-7 actuators are included?

9. klibben

klibben Member

PM sent.

Yes, MPA-7 actuators and barrels are included. Since you're emailing him anyways, you can ask about shipping as he didn't answer that for me.