BIG GUN - Multiple turrets using one accumulator

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by watto, Mar 22, 2012.

1. watto

watto New Member

Hi all,
    Planning on my first build, an Iowa, and I am brainstorming how to mount the guns.
    The rear turret should be simple, however, the forward turrets, that will always be working in unison and firing at the same time got me thinking. to save space and weight, could you have one accumulator tank fire both turrets? do they need separate tanks for a specific reason.
    I am asking this mainly so that I can mount the guns low enough to look realistic, as one of my issues with alot of ships I have seen in pics is how "proud" the guns are. Not all are like this, the ship on strike models front page is a good example, and I believe their is an Iowa in the Sydney BG that looks realistic as well

2. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Space is not an issue in an Iowa hull. Neither is weight. Barrel height is easily set to realistic levels..

Do the cannon require separate accumulator tanks? Technically no, but it's far more practical to use one accumulator per turret.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

It is quite do-able, but I agree with Darren. Not worth it. Putting two turrets on one accumulator requires extremely careful airflow balancing to get equal strength out of the two turrets. If you don't, one will always be more powerful and the other will always be weak. I've done it before a couple times, but always changed it out after a year.