Photos Bismarck's last stand

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 5, 2013.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Nice pictures, I love the Rodney! How long did it take to put the Bismark down?
    Is it just me, or is the Bismark's SS on backwards?
    Beaver

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The Bismarck's superstructure is backwards!! What the heck?! I have a Rodney and POW too but havnen't started them yet. Looking forward to building them after seeing these two. They look great.

4. Beaver

No wonder the Germans couldn't hit anything, they were looking the wrong way! lol
    Beaver

5. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Tricksy Germans! Trying to fool the allied scum as to which end is which!

6. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Thats to funny. HOw does one not notice that though?

7. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Man that was funny, Craig was running the King George V (POW) and I was directing him to cut in front of the Bismarck, when the Bismarck backed away and turned in not one, but both directions, we quickly discovered the cunning Germans ploy.

8. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

and why do people thing they can Get a Bismarck like that! yes, she's only 6.5battle units!!! But IF she was allow to have all her main guns armed, she would be a little Terror!!
    Nikki

9. Beaver

IF, you were to arm all the main guns on a Rodney, it would be a little terror too, and IF they were to have a Big Gun, Bismark Last Stand battle, the Bismark would be outgunned two to one. The KGV would only have 7/32 guns, but with a ten gun broadside it could do a lot of damage.
    So the Bismark doesn't really stand a chance.
    Beaver

10. NASAAN101

yes it's a loop sided fight. but kgv and Rodney got lucky in the first place....

11. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

pffft...Bismarck...been there, sank that.

12. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

I have to agree with Darren

HMS Rodney: making Bismarck its girlfriend since 1941

13. NASAAN101

No comment!!
    Nikki

14. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Who really sank the Bismarck....was it enemy shells or it own crew......hmmm and back to our scale. in a last man standing match the number of guns is not the deciding factor. Captain skill and luck have a lot to do with it. A Bismarck could win that battle just as easily as a KGV could.

15. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

The British being the enemy who destroyed the Bismarck which caused it to sink, irregardless of the final mechanism which resulted in the ship sliding beneath the waves, no one can deny that, but I find it romance-ful that Bismarck fans cling to the myth that the ship wouldn't sink without the scuttling charges. I rather like the Bismarck, have one, and a Tirpitz but at the damaged done to it, would have been a matter of time before it went Submarine, even if it was hypothetically possible to bring the Bismarck to Brest, it would never sail again. Just look at Gnesinau, if anything a burnt out and totaled Bismarck at Brest would have done more for the War effort as the Germans would have to devote in inversely unacceptable amount of resources and materials for the battered Bismarck. One thing the Bismarck could do in our scale is stay away from the other two ships. The Rodney is the slowest and least maneuverable of the three runnin at 37secs, the KGV at 32 sec, and the Bismarck at 29 seconds. I'm not up on fast gun speeds but I imagine a small difference in speed(faster) in fastgun, and slower in Big gun. Two class six ships vs one class six if handled properly have a big advantage, the faster more maneuverable boat has to play it a little more careful. that being said, I would put a Biggun Rodney against any a Biggun Bismarck in a slugging match. 9x1/4" so close together, vs 8x1/4" so far apart, at any rate any battle is normally decided by skill, luck, and reliability.

16. NASAAN101

really, both sides sank him

17. Beaver

Very well said Glaizilla!
    The Rodney in fast gun would be 26 sec, and the KGV would be 24. The Bismarck would also be 24.
    Like you said, a Bismarck could win with a little skill, reliability, and "luck."
    Beaver

18. NASAAN101

Or If I had him :)
    Nikki

19. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

its amazing how one lucky shot can change the entire out come. outdated plane drops a torp and disables the rudder. pure luck.....in my opinion

20. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

nikki
    you successfully have sank at least one warship to my knowledge, that being Roland s Bismarck, or rather you successfully scuttled his Bismarck. I think that its open to interpretation as well lol.