Build Session at Duckie's

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by dietzer, Oct 1, 2011.

1. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Had a great time at Duckie's today. In addition to Duckie, Mikey, Mark, "Bats" Masterson and myself attended. Bats was helping Duckie re-sheet his 1/144 Treaty VU, but I think by the end of the day we convinced Bat to do 1/96. Woohoo!
    Today saw a LOT of building on 1/96 scale boats, including the assembly of the 1st 1/96 Baltimore kit from Mark (I traded him for it). Great kit, btw, went together really quickly, especially with Mark's expert tutelage. I highly recommend this kit!
    Mikey marked and cut the windows in Duckie's USS Artemis hull (a fiberglass hull made by Art from the now-defunct NZBG). That boat should go together pretty quickly now that the windows are cut.
    I also got a sneak peek at Mark's top-secret Axis cruiser prototype kit. The prototype was in 1/144, but Mark assured me a 1/96 scale version will soon follow... :D
    Duckie also took delivery today of a BaD Ships Model's USS Gato kit. So now Duckie has two 1/96 projects to work on!
    I had a great time and learned a lot. And Duckie makes some great pulled port BBQ! Thanks, Duckie, for hosting and feeding us!
    Carl
    1/96 Viribus Unitis
    1/96 Baltimore

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Looking forward to the Axis kits, and the 1/96 Balti. Hope I get the first 1/96 secret Axis kit :)

3. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Actually, I think Mark will get the first kit... :D
    The 1/144 prototype was pretty sweet. I don't think it will take Mark too long to get the 1/96 kits ready.
    Carl

4. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

I may get the first kit, but I doubt I'll have the first one on the water. Too many hulls stacking up in the shop and not enough components to fill them. But it looks like I need to build the Takao before the Baltimore, just based on the available room in my car.

5. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

I hear you on car room. I might have to abandon my next battlestations project for that very reason.

6. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

That's what roof racks are for.