Building instructions for guns

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by fredo, Jan 7, 2012.

1. fredo

fredo New Member

Hello togehter,
    i am from germany and building that kind of battleships is not very common here.
    Are there any building instructions for the different kinds of battleship guns?

regards
    Fredo

2. daemond6

daemond6 Member

yeah, theres plenty. hover your pointer over the "Members" tab, and select Knowledge Base

theres some simple ones here: https://rcwarships.org/rcwarships/nwc_new/?category_id=29&menuaction=phpbrain.uikb.view_article&art_id=7

and here: https://rcwarships.org/rcwarships/nwc_new/?category_id=29&menuaction=phpbrain.uikb.view_article&art_id=5

and I would suggest reading this if you're not familiar with pnuematics: https://rcwarships.org/rcwarships/nwc_new/?category_id=29&menuaction=phpbrain.uikb.view_article&art_id=46

3. fredo

fredo New Member

Thank you Sir.
    That is exactly what i have searched for.
    Are there any existing clubs in germany yet?
    regards
    Fredo

4. daemond6

daemond6 Member

Doubt it. Best bet is to find out what your local airsoft laws are, because they cannons are about the same muzzle energy as airsoft weapons. (atleast, they are to UK Legal ones, some countries have different energy maximums)

5. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

http://www.ircwcc.com/How_to/BB-Cannons.html

6. fredo

fredo New Member

I already did that. This airsoft guns with this firepower would be only allowed on private property or shooting ranges. Also only for +18 people.

But only if it is declared as a weapon. And that means in germany a carryable device wich is desined or can be used to hurt people.
    But all togehter, there surly will be no other way then just get an official certificat, that this kind of guns are not declared as weapons.

7. daemond6

daemond6 Member

well, are airsoft rc tanks considered weapons? if not, then you should be ok with these.

8. fredo

fredo New Member

I figured it out today. There is not need for guessing. In germany i can give the building instruction to the town administrative office and a finished device to the State Office of Criminal Investigation. Both together deside if it is a weapon and if there are ristrictions that i have to follow. I get then an official certificate. And the best thing. Its free :).

9. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

I would recommend that you don't just send a cannon to the State office of Criminal Investigation, but take an entire armed ship, if possible.

Why?

It's very easy for an official to say no. There is less paperwork that way.

It is simply that a cannon by itself can resemble a concealable firearm.

However if it is fitted into a ship, it is then clearly not a weapon that is concealable, and clearly not designed to hurt people.

10. daemond6

daemond6 Member

Yeah, I would go with what Darren Scott said, sounds like sound advise.

11. fredo

fredo New Member

That was a really good advice. I think i will do it like that.

12. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Oh, and get into the habit of calling your ship's weapons "cannons" as the word "gun" is not very popular with public servants these days.

I hate to say this, but you might even consider using the word "toy" to describe your ship to any official, political correctness makes me feel ill, but we do what we must do.