Buying

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Ubermelon, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

Okay so I'm looking to buy a ship really the only thing I'm looking for is it can move and shoot. Sence I have NO idea how to build this I want one finished. Anyone willing to sell?

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Well, what format are you looking to play in?

What sort of budget do you have? A fully functioning warship can run anywhere from 400$ to 2000$ depending on whats on it.

Do you have any idea on how big of a ship you can transport? How big of a ship can you store?

3. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

Ubermelon, if you find no one selling a ship you like you can always build one, just take your time and you will love it because you can do whatever you want to it because i had no clue what i was doing when i was building my Bismarck but i can say im proud of how it came out and having that sorta forms a bond to you and your ship. and people on this site can greatly help you out on this site just post a thread in the right place, usually "warship builds" and if your looking for kits for ships you can go to http://www.strikemodels.com/ or http://battlersconnection.com/index.html I prefer strike models, but battlers connection has a few ships strike doesn't have its all preference. and if your going to battle your going to have to figure out what format your going to play as Nick mentioned

4. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

I'm going to play IRCWCC and I have been wanting a smaller ship like the USS Brooklyn or IJN Agano something like that kind.

5. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

Well those build are quite easy vs the bigger ships, im going to be building a smaller ship this summer for combat and if you read the build level and skilled level it will tell you wat the recommended levels are, smaller ships usually seem to be for beginners and rookies and i think that would be a perfect ship to start, remember if you have any trouble people on this forum can help as much they can.

6. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

Yeah but with school and moving around a lot I don't think I would have much time to build that's why I'm buying a ship.

7. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

you also have to remember with building, you dont wana rush or you find out later you messed up and you dont want that so if ur moving around alot with school just take your time its not a race unless you HAVE to battle the next season so school shouldnt interfere that much kuz im in college and built my whole bismarck in college.

8. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

yeah but still I'm buying one.

9. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

ok just get one you will be happy with

10. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

As long as it shoots and moves I'm happy.

11. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Keeping it moving and keeping it shooting after seeing some action and being sunk is something to consider, as is the time it takes for repairs and tweaking of the ship to get it the way you want it.

12. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

haha does it ever, i only know the moving part i don't have any experience for shooting and repairs but i soon will be. But i think all the tweaking and stuff is fun but thats me

13. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

So you guys are telling me to make a ship not buy one?

14. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

no man you can do whatever you want, but i think making one is a lot easier and i believe more fun, but others may have different opinions.

15. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

The easiest way to get started is to just buy one. That way when problems arise you have a point of reference and can reverse engineer your solutions. I bought a "big gun" battlecruiser Dunkerque for my first ship. It was a great ship. It was already functional and all my efforts went into refining it instead of trying to just figure it out.
    Das Butts

16. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I agree. The easiest way to get started is to buy a used ship to learn on. Better yet, if there is someone nearby, borrow a very simple ship while you either buy another ship or build one. One of the most important things is to get a boat on the water and fighting. The corollary is to keep that boat on the water and fighting, and that is where most of the real learning takes place. As Mike said, it also provides a point of reference for you to improve upon for when you build your own ship.

That said, it's not easy to find a good used boat. There are some that are ready to fight with only a radio and battery, and there are some that just need some tender love and careful surgery to put back in fighting trim.

17. Captkonig

Captkonig Member

I have several hulls/kits I might sell as well as some partially/mostly completed ships.

I live in N. Virginia. Where do you live? If near enough, we could meet to discuss ships and what needs to be done.

18. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

Would you mind adding some pictures of the hulls and kits to the site. Thanks.