California roadtrip

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by tgalx3, Feb 11, 2010.

1. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

The Western Warship Combat club down in California is having a Maneuvering and Gunnery March 14. I am thinking about driving down there and participating in that. It will be my ship's first real test if I do go. I would like somebody from Washington to join me. We can split gas or work something out. Let me know if you are interested.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

tgalx3, you might want to come visit us for the Maker Faire, instead. It's our first battle of the season, and I expect you'll find a two-day battle far more interesting than a half-day M&G. Of course, if you can do both, that'd be fine too :)

3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Remember, the WWCC is a big gun club. We'd love to have you, and see your Bismark. Your profile says you are affiliated with the IRCWCC. G&M events are structured so it doesn't make much difference what weapons you have or what speed you go, so I don't see any problem participating in a G&M event as long as you've got NAMBA insurance.

However, Kotori's suggestion to visit the Maker Faire may take more effort to pull off. The differences in rules may make it difficult to run at the same time, and you'll need some friends to come with you if you're going to have a separate battle. If you want to visit us at the Maker Faire, I'll talk with the other club officers, and see what we can do. At the very least, we can find a loaner ship or two, and have a separate battle if more people are coming to visit.

We'd love to have you come visit us at either event, and we'll work something out so you can have fun and try out your ship.

4. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Oh. I didnt know it was so involved. I think we are having a battle sometime in March so I guess I will just have to tough it out with that one for sea trials.

5. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Coming to battle at the Maker Faire is involved, coming to a G&M event is much simpler. Of course, there's not nearly as much to do at a G&M event as there is at a battle, much less at the Maker Faire. Check to be sure about your club's battle. We'd love to have you either way, but it would be much less driving if there's a local battle around that time.

If you can come to the Maker Faire, we'll find some way to accommodate you, and that event will definitely be worth your while.

6. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

My thinking was that if you can have one club why not two. I love our club up here but I would like more.