Cannon build session on Sunday, 15 Mar

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hey all, there is a cannon build session this Sunday, 15 Mar ( yes Sunday is the 15th:)). The location is to be determined but will be promulgated later today. Please reply here, so we know who is coming. Thanks, Jay

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I will see what I can do to attend

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Cool Paul, I hope to see you there. The cannon build session will be at Steve Hills, again, @ 1330 on Sunday.
    J

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Today's NABS/NATCF cannon building session saw people working on just about anything. I found HMS Hood's original BB cannons in my basement. They were overhauled by Steve Crane and Hood's new owner Ian. Ian's buying them for his Treaty Hood and will order a pair of BC 75 shot cannons for her aft turrets.
    Host Steve Hill has found local suppliers for the parts used in the BC breaches so we can build them more cheaply than importing them. Many of us will be converting our Swampworks style breaches ro the harder firing BC type. I built a 75 round mag for Steve Crane's Andrea Doria and Jay worked on some cannons (for the Ise?).
    Dave and I sanded the I-400 plug - Steve H. had already done quite a bit of work plastering and sanding. About 5-10 more hours work and it should be ready to mold. Steve was installing the barbettes on HMS Vanguard. Ian's still working on his HMS Renown plug and plans to will build her as his second Treaty ship. Steve Crane showed us the deadly triple stern guns for his NABS Lutzow. With its solenoid operated guns and circuit board fire control Lutzow is not a ship to get behind!
    Our next meeting is on Wednesday for more work on the I-400 plug.
    Bob

5. themackster2

themackster2 New Member

Hello Steve(Hill) and all,

I finally got going on the forums again after re-registering and I was wondering where
    you found the bottom-caps(hex? octal?) for the breeches and ammo tubes?

They were the only parts I couldn't find locally when I started my hunt, but I found
    everything else at Canadian Tire + Home Depot. I need to find those caps to drill out
    for the 1/16" hose fittings in order to complete my own guns.

Thanks!
    Mack

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It is good to hear you are alive Mac.

7. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Greetings Mac. Good to hear from you again.