cheep speed controler

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by rowboat captain, Oct 20, 2007.

1. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

was thinking of different ideas for speed controlers. could you use a dimmer switch that is designed for 120v ac. the slide type. was looking at one and it was rated for 600 amp. and only cost $12. granted you need some room because of the size of the lite switch but would it work?

would be simple to set up a servo to control the slide.

2. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

I know it will only work one way. forward or reverse. have three motors was thinking of setting the middle one up with the spped controler and the two outsides ones set up to be on fowward / off / on reverse. the outside one would be on only after the throtle was past half way.

3. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

try a fan control for a pc dont know tho om still a newbe allso

4. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

We have a guy uses a servo operated speed control hacked from a cordless drill in his merchant, works ok....

5. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Here's a site for a new waterproof, 50 amp forward, 20 amp reverse speed controller for $39.99 It does not look to bad.

Visit this site

I have not tried it, and just saw it the other day.

6. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

That proboat controller has been around for a while and according to what ive heard about it, its not that good for a warship, something with the reverse cutting out after a few seconds or so I think. Might be better for a convoy since reverse isnt as critical there. Or maybe the big gunners since they dont seem to use reverse much.