Photos Class 1 Monitor (1.5 units) HMS Gorgon

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Bob Pottle, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

This is my little Class 1 monitor, the smallest RC combat model I've built. Nicely placed stern gun and 4' diameter turning circle. Great fun to operate and has a few shared enemy sinks to its credit. Very good for pummeling damaged ships at close range.

For such a small model it's surprisingly seaworthy, handling 1' waves without difficulty.

IMG_5896.JPG IMG_5891.JPG IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

This was another of several models I've built, sold and bought back. Gorgon was captained by Tom Cromwell for a couple of years and used to good effect. He sold it to me before moving to Newfoundland for grad school, and took my incomplete Class 2 monitor HMS Erebus with him; it's appeared in several photos from Stokamoto's workshop and remains unfinished. I'd like to see how well it turns with both bow and stern rudders - no other class of ship in the hobby has that feature.

Strike Models bought the Gorgon hull mold, molds for the main (9.2") and secondary (6") turrets, and the mold for the superstructure. I sold 2-3 kits before selling the molds but don't know if any of them were completed.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    CURT likes this.