Could I have an estimate for a ship

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by totaldestruction, Mar 16, 2013.

1. totaldestruction

totaldestruction Active Member

I was wondering what a good estimate for a used scharnhorst, big gun? I just want a ballpark range one of you would put. Not sure if it would effect price (guess it depends on what system already installed), but I do have a spektrum 2.4ghz system already I was using for something else.

2. totaldestruction

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Well, I found this post from 5 years ago where somebody was asking $1000 for one. I don't suspect there have been many that have been for sale, and of course, no two ships are really equal.

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/Forum/tabid/58/aff/534/aft/407932/afv/topic/Default.aspx

4. totaldestruction

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Used means many things. I have seen ships that were very well built with all the stuff needed to battle go for $500 (I-boat) to $2000 (NC). Those are fast gun prices. It all depends on what you get with it.
    Just so you know there are many "ready to battle" ships out there that need complete rebuilds so they work. They might be able to move and fire but not very well. Very few people sell really good ships.

6. totaldestruction

I wouldn't mind a ship that needs work, I just feel that buying all the parts and trying to build my first one from that would be too overwhelming

7. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

If you have some people around your area to help give advice building a ship wont be to difficult. Even with no one right there there is enough info and pictures on this forum that can help. With big gun the problem you will run into is that currently there is no supplier of the cannons like there is for fast gun. So all the guns are build be guys who enjoy it and have the time.

With the hull either way (building from ground up or buying an already built one) will be relatively close in price. But the guns are an entirely different matter. New ones built for you CAN cost upwards of $200 a turret depending on # of barrels. so buying them already used is your best rout to keep cost down.

My personal suggestion would be to join the club closest to you and ask around. These guys that have been in the hoppy for a while typically have a few extra ships (one guy I know has probably close to 30 ships in various stages) and are sometimes willing to part company with one for a reasonable amount to get a new person into it. For example I just purchased a fully built painted and armed Lutzow (2 tripple turrets, and torps) for about $150.

Hopefully my rambling helps. Good luck!

8. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Thats quite the sweetheart deal there. Is this Rob Wood's, the one that went for a monthlong dive in Spreckles?

9. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

I think you have gotten good advice here in answer to your question. Where are you located ? That helps with who you will battle with the most.
    Buddy

10. totaldestruction

$150? WOW. You got a bargain.

I am in northern virginia, I looked into this a while ago, I think I looked at mabg, Chesapeake battle group, and one other. MABG website seems to be down with just an email, and the chesapeake seems to have ceased to exist entirely, with the only remains being a yahoo group whose last activity was 2 years ago. I did go visit one battle once and watch for a little while, it was cool.

11. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I believe MABG is still active, despite what their still-defunct site implies.

12. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

It was not Robs. It was another one in the club. I doubt Rob would part with his haha