Crowdfund Ship Plans

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by tgdavies, Apr 10, 2014.

1. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

I have just launched a Kickstarter project to produce modelling plans for HMS Colossus (1882):

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...lt-in-1882

(Yes, not necessarily viable for RC combat, although I think it's legal for Big Gun, but I thought there might be some interested people here)

If you are not familiar with Kickstarter, it’s a website where people can pledge money towards projects, with their pledges only being collected if the project reaches its target.

If this project reaches its target I will buy plans for HMS Colossus from the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich and have modelling plans drafted from them. The plans will be made available under a Creative Commons license.

If you are interested in seeing more modelling plans produced, please visit the project and donate some money. Any amount helps.

I hope that this can become a new way of producing plans for ships which have no modelling plans available.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at tgdavies@gmail.com or via the Kickstarter project.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm lazy, so I'll ask here :) What scale(s) will you be having the plans made in?
    [EDIT] 1/96, I found it on the Kickstarter page, and I'm in! First backer for a worthy project.

3. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Woot! Or Damn, just when I was getting around to weeding my plans collection.

Done.

4. Tugboat

It wasn't that I needed more plans... (although I always do)... it was that they will be released under a Creative Commons license, thus increasing the number of good plans available to modellers for free. Definitely a worthy cause.

5. Anachronus

Quite so. But the Colossus! The Admiral class next!

6. Tugboat

WE DID IT!!! Although there is still a good bit of time left on the Kickstarter project, we have already exceeded the AUS$4100 goal and are sitting at $4200-ish! HAHAHAHA MORE PLANS!!!!

7. tgdavies

tgdavies Active Member

Thanks to all the rcnavalcombat contributors! (and of course all the others)

8. Anachronus

Woot!!!