Destroyers

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by vicious p, Mar 24, 2011.

1. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

Got this zboat hull in a trade a few months back for some big gun cannons i no longer had use for. Ive never actually battled it myself yet but it will see some action at Nats this year on cruiser day and campaign. Still needs alot of detail work and more paint but it is now 100% operational and is an absolute blast to run around the pond.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also for any of you guys with destroyer experience does anyone run them with the 15round spurt guns or do most people run with a 50round single shot? Mines got the 50rounder setup now but im wondering if spurting all 15 bb's wouldnt be more effective in actually causing enough damage to sink a ship over plinking with the single shot gun. Any suggestions and opinions are welcome. thanks
    -Neil

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would run it as a spurt gun in the campaign and hunt convoy ships. Spurt and call 2 min, rearm, reenter the battle, and repeat as many times as possible. The idea being to do lots of damage in one spurt and take advantage of the class's 2 minute rule to rearm and get back on the water to do it again. :)

3. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Hi Neal, have not seen you for awhile, since you came down to Orlando. I have the same hull, and plan on using it at Nats next year. I plan on using it during camapign. Will put a 50, and a 25 off the stern, with no pump. Run out, shoot away, bring it back in relaod, and do it again and again. Max carnage.

4. vicious p

Yea dave its been a couple years. Ive missed the last couple big events in our area due to work being so busy mostly. But i haven't had my Bis operating the way i want it to yet ether so its probably a good thing. haha. Im guessing both of you guys are making it to the regionals in Oakboro? Ill be there for sure hopefully with a combat worthy bismarck. If not zboat it is. =P

Think i might do some testing this weekend on the water to see just how much damage a spurt gun will do to another ship. Ive never seen one used before so im real interested in seeing if i can cause enough damage to sink a convoy or damaged warship.

5. djranier

The one time my tanker got sank was when I got caught in some weeds, and one of the Trip stern American cruisers hit my stern flank with one burst of sustaned fire, like 15 or so holes in a nice tight pattern, down it went. It was what a Spurt would do. Frank had spurt guns in his Russian cruiser, the hull that we got from Bob Pottle, and he tried for about a year and was never able to hit anything with it, hard enough to cause enough dam. My tanker was a sitting target. After seeing Frank try all that time, I decide to go with what I proposed. One of the fellows down here has one equipped the same way, and it works fine. With onlt 1.5 units it can come off every 2 mins.

6. vicious p

The cruiser Frank had that your talking about, did it have 1/8th lines runing from the reg. to the gun or the smaller lines? Im running the 1/16th ones now and was thinking if i went to the bigger air lines that it might increase my airflow enough to make a spurt gun powerful enough to send all 15 bb's into the enemy in the same area making a huge hole.

I suppose i could quit flapping my jaw on here and just do it but my work load is keeping me from touching anything during the week so im just trying to keep the discussion going and come up with some ideas untill the weekend. :)

7. djranier

He used 1/16 line. It fired well, but for some reason he just never hit anyone with it.

Well your post got me started on my Z-boat last night, got everything measured, and the windows cut out. Will start on the subdeck this evening. Looks like I have about 1 pound to play with after I loaded most the parts into it. What is the weight of your boat, do you know? That would put mine at Max.

8. vicious p

Sweet post some pictures of yours as you go if you get a chance so i can revise mine some. You build alot better boats than i do and always have good build threads. lol

Ill have to remember to take my zboat to ron hunts this weekend since i left my digital scale at his shop awhile back. I dont remember the actual weight off hand but i do remember being under weight.

9. djranier

Well having worked every night this week, except for tonight, I got the subdecks installed, and the decks made up and sitting in the boat. I'm thinking abut sheeting it next, after I waterproof the decks, just so I can layout the gear in it, and float test, before I install the internals.