DKM Scharnhorst partially complete FS

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Tugboat, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I bought this hull from this forum a while ago, then started making hulls myself so it's been sitting lonely. I want to clear it from the shop so I have room for my own products :)

DKM Scharnhorst hull, sudeck and deck installed, driveshaft, stuffing tube, gearbox and prop all installed, stuffing tubes for rudders in but need reinforcing. Battery tray sized for two 6V,12AH batteries. Has a basic superstructure, and is about half sheeted. One finger hole where I tripped on an rc tank. Answers tot he name lucky. Not to be used as a flotation device (it IS axis). Do not put in microwave. Do not give to children under 5, as they may chose to surf with it and grow up to be beach bums instead of productive, battling members of society. Margin or error +/- 3%. May cause an inexplicable grin, or a condition known as "wet pants victory". Consult your local Admiralty before beginning a new medication or ship, or any ship as a form of medication. For more information, go to Visit this site

$175 plus shipping

pics to be forthcoming when my file manager account opens again :) The pic below is from when I bought it, prior to more work being done.

[​IMG]

2. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i will buy it from you if you include the cannons for it, now they dont have to rotate

3. Tugboat

I don't make cannons, Sean, sorry. I either trade for them, or buy them from Battlers Connection or someone like that. I was working on this ship and hadn't got to the point of needing cannons yet.

4. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

ohh ok but will you sell the ship to me though

5. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

and can anyone make some cannons for this perty perty ship

6. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

you can't beat the cannons you buy from battler's connection. I've never had a problem with them.

7. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i would like some costom built cannons though

8. Tugboat

The BC cannons are pretty much custom built... There are two guys who specialize in making BB canons who do nothing but that for BC. So, when you buy from them, you get master-crafted cannons. There are many people who make them for themselves and they function very well also. Most of my cannons that I've bought individually are from BC, but many are also homemade cannons that came with ships I bought, and they rock the house too.

I'd get in contact with the battlers near you and see if they can help you with putting the ship together. Never hurts to have some experienced guys to help.

9. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

thanks tug

10. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

One of the guys who make the cannons for Battlers is on these boards. He has even aided me with takeing one apart as I got ride of the compression nut on them now and soldered mine up in that area. had to take out the piston and spring to clear some solder that got where it should not. Makeing a Cannon after seeing the insides of the one I took apart does not seem all that hard, but I know for time and price you will not really beat the Battlers Cannons.

11. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

what is his username

12. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Hey Tug...

If the deal with take down falls through... I'm interested.

Mike Horne

13. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

email sent.. im interested

14. Tugboat

SOLD, boxing up for transport to the new owner.

Sean, I repeat my earlier advice to buy one of the Indefatigable hulls.

15. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Indefatigable is one of the best beginner boats you can get. Tugboat is NOT leading you astray here. That have good firepower, good maneuverability, and average speed. Rookies and veterans alike enjoy battling them.

16. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

Mike make sure you post pictures of the completed product. =]

17. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

There is a gun design that has an additional hose that shoots air down the barrel. It is possible that as you would be axis, if you ask the right guy, they might make a set for you. I have been told its the best way to get a gun to shoot on the high end of the fps.. I an not allowed to give a name but you can ask around the axis circle

This is not intended to start a long diatribe on gun design.. so I wont answer questions or comments on it. I am just saying there is more out there than just BC guns.

18. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Well, I think that I'll have to make a scharny now and then build post... My gneis was made in 96 out west... and is due a big refit. I sank quite a bit last season I was active. So, It might be interesting to see a wood refit beside a glass build :)

19. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

that would be good