DKM Tirpitz - IRCWCC

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by McSpuds, Jun 27, 2016.

1. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

DKM TIRPITZ

[​IMG]
    For years I have wanted to build a nice DKM Tirpitz. Several things have been in the way over the past years, Funding, time, etc. For the past three years I have battled smaller class 3, PDN's and have done very well with them. Plus my back really liked the smaller ships. This last NATS in Bradford has brought me to understand one thing though. Unless there are plenty of 28 sec small boats on the pond, I have nobody to play with. Being 28 sec, you cant catch anybody and most likely end up chasing waves... After going to NATS this year and seeing how the "Bismark" class performed, I have made up my mind to go ahead and build one. I know some folks are trying to nerf the ship back down, and thats ok with me, I still love the ship. With the fast speed and ability to take a beating, it will do fine on the water with duals or singles...

So here begins the winter build of the DKM Tirpitz. I will be building her in my traditional wood construction. I also like the Paint Scheme "H" for the winter in Norway. With all the talk about hulls being cut down etc. I have ordered several books on her so that I can get the ship built as close as possible to what she was. As for hull height, she was 15 meters midships. That's 4.1 inches in our scale. Her length is 69.33 inches and beam is 9.83 inches. 6.5 units and 24 sec speed. 3 props and twin rudders.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
    NickMyers, Lou and rcaircraftnut like this.
  2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Watching with keen interest.

3. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen!!!
    Oh wait you haven't started yet Lol
    Cannot wait to see the build log :)

froggyfrenchman likes this.
  4. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

@NickMyers should add a build announcements forum. I can't wait to see some pics, @McSpuds does awesome work.

5. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

Just thinking of the Bismark makes my back hurt. I am moving down the scale. NC to a QE (Barham). Still thinking that I want to build a Nissaw o_O:eek:

6. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

Despite being a Nazi garbage scow, Tirpitz was a pretty ship. And you do nice work. This is going to be cool to watch.

NickMyers likes this.
  7. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

That's 4.01 inches.