Looking For Dunkerque Hull

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by GeekSpeed, Jan 20, 2023.

1. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

I am kicking around the idea of building one of my favorites, the Dunkerque. I should have bought one before Strike stopped selling them. :-( Does anyone have one they are not using?

Thanks.

2. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

Why the Dunkerque?

3. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

I have no idea. She is not that great for combat, but I really just like her. Kind of the same thing with Nelson and the Tone class cruisers. I guess I like the all forward main armament look. o_O

Boatmeister and Xanthar like this.
  4. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

That's a really good reason.

@bsgkid117 had very similar reasoning for the FS Jean Bart and now look at em. the Bart went from a reputation as a "Meh, who cares" boat to an angry AF woodchipper of a boat where the opposing captains shout "Watch out for the Bart! Get away from him!!!" whenever one comes at them.

5. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

I also won't mention that I have started scratch-building a Tone-class cruiser.... I need help.

6. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

I see you and won't make mention of my 8 hulls I have in storage, lol

GeekSpeed likes this.
  7. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I mean, to be fair, I started with a scratch built Dunkerque that never worked and I owe absolutely nothing to that hull and have no intention of ever building it again. Except maybe if I can get that "Dunkerque gets 1 dual side mount" rule passed. Then it might have something going for it. Might be funny as a half pump/quad bow in B turret.

@GeekSpeed : I have detailed original Marine Nationale plans if you decided to go the wood hull route. Might be a good opportunity to download the free version of Fusion 360 and draw out the ribs and such yourself, then send it off to someplace like sendcutsend or something to get laser cut. Just thinking out loud here :)

GeekSpeed and Justin Ragucci like this.
  8. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

I do have the MN plans, so that is totally viable. If I can figure out how to draw them half-way correct, I can just 3D print my way to greatness.

9. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

hop on the Discord server. we talk about 3dp stuff a lot.