DX6 blowing fuses on triton jr.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by jadfer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

My DX6 has suddenly started blowing fuses when the Triton is checking the voltage (i assume) of the nimh pack.
    It had worked in the past but I ran a cycle (3 times, a mistake I think) to discharge and then charge the battery and it blew the fuse on the second or third pass.
    Not knowign which fuse it needed I bought some .3 250v fuses and the radio powered on but when I tried to charge the battery at 2.5amps it blew the fuse.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Johnny

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

The .3 fuse worked but blows any time I connect the triton jr. now, so I said phooey on the whole thing. I decided to add deans connectors to the battery packs so that I could charge them directly from the charger allowing me to cycle them from time to time as well. I did not pioneer this idea I saw it on another forum and it made perfect sense.
    Here are some pictures from the process.
    [​IMG]
    ABOVE: I soldered the wires to the board that has the battery connector soldered to it. I added it on top of the soldered connectors so that it would still work with the original batteries if needed. I found that orienting the wires in a downward direction allows them to go under and around the plastic post and into the battery compartment.
    [​IMG]
    Above: You see the wires as they run downward and aroudn the plastic mounting and then up again. This will allow the connector to pass through the hole in the back cover into the battery compartment and also to allow the cover to close.
    [​IMG]
    Above: The cover is on and the battery is connected. It turned out quite nicely. I converted all of my batteries and will do the other radio soon.
    Johnny