Fear God and Dreadnought

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by hairy_apple, Aug 9, 2010.

1. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

Today was my first battle in almost ten years! I had a great time. Scored a number of solid hits, and spent most of the half hour chasing away transports. I had some gun issues, with 4 of my six guns jammed... I had no rear facing guns at all for half the battle. However, I still did some damage to a number of ships. I took 4 bad hits however and my pumps were working hard and I didn't dare risk more damage chasing the enemy.. even worse with only 2 working guns. I forgot how stressfull and fun it is to have an ememy battleship sight you in!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

Good looking ship, im ready to see some of those destroyers your building on the water. Did you sink at all?

3. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

Nope... no sinks. I stayed away from most of the action... going after the transports mostly. Without my rear guns I wasn't too excited about mixing it up with warships. The DDs should up up and running next month hopfully.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j915nYKJ8Ts

I would recommend that you watch in as high a quality as possible. Pond water doesn't take to video compression very well, and the higher quality settings help avoid that. Anyway, enjoy! I'm going to sleep now.

5. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I didn't get much chance to look at that ship. How'd she handle? Did the wing turrets take are of torpedo boats? Can you take some pics of the insides? With a preponderance of WW2 battleships, it's nice to see anything from the Great War.

6. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

It did great. It turned very, very tight. I had some gun issues, but other then that it did very well. The gun issues were my fault and have since been fixed. The wing turrets were aimed a little high for torpedo boats, but I'll probally adjust them down a bit for exactly that use.
    [​IMG]
    The batteries are missing in this photo, but that's all.

7. Kotori87

When I first built guns for Scharnhorst back in 2004, my shopmaster put a lot of care into the design. We used steel brake line, and carefully located the end so that, when capped, there was enough room for the shots to recoil and clear the breech for reloading, but not enough for another shot. I didn't understand why at the time, but I learned why later. You just suffered the exact same problem my shopmaster helped me avoid.

BTW, that Dreadnought sure looks pretty. Will I see it and your destroyers at the Campaign Game?

8. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

The Dreadnought will for sure be at the Campaign game. Hopefully we should have one of the DDs going. I am going to focas on "Sheep's" ship so we can speed it up a little, I will get my DD caught up once his is done. Hopefully we can get it out there quickly.

9. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Nice to see Dreadnought out there. with my interest in the handling capabilities of the ww1 ships in our hobby, I have wanted to see a Dreadnought. Too bad you are on the other side of the continent from PA. any chance of a video of it in action?

Kotori: wonderful video. thanks for sharing it. I have to know - is that an expensive pro type camera or something affordable? on board memory or rf to a receiver?

HA: will you be putting up a post on the DD's? I would love to see them. I have a Narvik 90% complete and an Okinoshima half done.

10. Kotori87

Nate, I used an RC Hero onboard camera. It is not wireless, it records directly to an SD card.

11. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Just got around to watching the video. That was spectacular! I loved the POV sink-cam :)

12. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/Forum/tabid/58/aff/566/aft/441681/afv/topic/Default.aspx

There are the DDs we are working on.

I will see about having Danielle film it a little at the next battle. It's a great little ship. It turns so well it's amazing.

13. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Thank you both.

14. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

Took the Dreadnought out for a little wintertime cruiser this morning and took some pictures of her new wooden decks.... brrrrrrrr. All the rain we've had has turned the pond brown, but it still made for some nice photos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Kotori87

Looking good, Ryan. Hope to see you again in 2011 :)