Finally, the water!

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Well, finally we got some time and working boats on the water.
    My Scharnhorst and Steve Crane's Nagato made it to the water for some trials.

Scharnhorst worked very well, initially. He was fast but close to speed, maneuverable and turns very well. His acceleration is good as well. Unfortunately the guns were not tested because I ran out of time with the pneumatics as I had to replace the shaft (that sucked all around! and the boss said I had to help prepare the house for the BBQ). Unfortunately, the throttle servo either was a victim of radio interference or is just bad. I was stuck at full ahead and had no control of speed. Thank GOD the rudder worked!! I steered him towards shore and Steve caught him. I am going to install an ESC borrowed from Steve and see how that works out.

Nagato worked excellently. She was fast and can stop quickly as well, turns pretty good and all guns were a blazing! It was cool to watch the two of them go out and maneuver together. Pam and our friend Ilona took the helm as well. It is good for Pam as Nagato is very similar in size and handling as her boat is going to be.

I have some pics (as proof for doubting Allied Captains) and will post them as soon as I figure out how.

Later, J

2. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

It didn't take as long as I thought it would.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Looks good. Combat may be close at hand

4. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Congrats Jay. Looming really nice out there. My heart hasn't been too interested in the ships last little while.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Sone nice looking boats.

6. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Good going guys.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[:D][:)][8D][:p]FINALLY!!! Other ships pics on the water other than my own. Looks great guys! Can't wait to see more out there and hope to see them battling. I really miss seeing the battle and damage pics and the battle descriptions.

Scharnhorst looks great and always nice to see the NAGATO. That ship is truly a combat veteran.

Looking forward to seeing more!!

8. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Osbourne and two friends were up and took a look at the shipyard and there are plans for a sail once we can get the two German war horses up and running. It will happen in the next two weeks I imagine depending on everyones scheduales.

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

As Monty Burns would say "Excellent"

10. Chris Easterbrook

It could be a interesting season.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.