Firing Boards

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Jonhanze01, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Jonhanze01

Jonhanze01 Member

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could tell me a little something about firing boards. I've only used a class 2 ship but have plans to upgrade later. I seen them for sale on BC but dont know anything about them, such as when they should be used or even what they are for. Any information would be appreciated.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

They are basically just radio controlled switches.

They plug into your receiver just like a servo and act as switches so you can close/open an electrical circuit. We generally use them to control solenoids since you need to close/open the circuit to turn solenoids on/off. They can be used for other stuff too like turning lights on/off for night battle.

You could achieve the same thing with a servo and switch combo but firing boards tend to be smaller, easier to waterproof, faster, and more reliable.

3. Jonhanze01

Jonhanze01 Member

So I could use them to replace the servo and switch that controls the motors in my boat or to replace the servo and poppit arangement that fires my gun by adding a solenoid to it, if i understand you correctly. Thank you for you help I appreciate it.

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

A firing board/solenoid combination replaces a servo/poppit or servo/switch/solenoid combination. I wouldn't use them to drive motors unless you know for sure that the current the motor draws is within the capabilities of the board. However for big gun or treaty with low flow pumps you MIGHT be able to get away with it, again depending on the current draw.

5. Jonhanze01

Jonhanze01 Member

Thx SnipeHunter, I'll use them just for the guns and the lights on my boat.

6. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor