First Treaty Battle In Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Bob Pottle, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Our new R/C naval combat club (as yet unnamed) is planning the first Treaty battle in Nova Scotia (possibly the first in Canada). Tentative dates are Aug. 2-3 and 9-10. Battle site TBA.

Captains and ships expected at the first N.S. Treaty event are:

Axis:
    Jason Clark - Von der Tann
    Tom Cromwell - Nagato

Allied:
    Ralph Coles - Black Prince (WWI AC)
    Bob Pottle - Minotaur (WWI AC)
    Scott Foster - Abdiel (WWII fast mine layer)

Later battles in 2008 will have more participants. Jason is converting USS Iowa to Treaty specs for his dad, and Rob Clarke will convert SMS Kaiser after he gets back from vacation. Both ships should be ready for action by September. Steve Hill plans to convert heavy cruiser HMCS Ontario to Treaty this year.

With a friendly group and a new set of rules, this club will be fun to belong to.

Bob Pottle

2. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Good luck guys, Wish you were not so far away.

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Sounds like a game plan.
    Schedule events so that everyone knows when and where, and don't worry about who doesn't attend, for whatever reason.
    Have fun.
    Mikey

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Looking forward to hearing your guys' battle report. I hope you guys have a great time!

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike,
    Tom Cromwell and I have been working hard since Sunday to build his WWII monitor HMS Erebus from one of my hulls. I think we can finish it on time, plus Tom's T2 tanker that needs wiring and ballasting.

The smaller sets of props for the armored cruisers arrived today so by the 24th they should be running very close to their Treaty speeds. We expect 6 captains for the first battle, with 2-3 more for the next one in September.

Bob