For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst: SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Renodemona, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I have a Battler's Connection SMS Scharnhorst that is partially completed with windows cut, shaft/rudder installed, Subdeck installed, superstructure mostly complete. I'll include the motor, turrets, plans, prop(s), and gearbox with the ship as well. $150(USD) + shipping, or trade for Japanese warship of similar value/condition. Send me a message for pictures please. Thanks!

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Is this the armored cruiser or the big one? I cant see you selling such a nearly completed Ship for so little, it must be the armored cruiser.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst SMS IS THE ARMORED CRUISER

4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Ah, yes it is the WWI Scharnhorst (2.5 units, 26secs, about 13lbs).

5. BronxFireGuy

BronxFireGuy New Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Would this be ok for a first ship?

6. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Its slowish but has lots of displacement for its class. Could be a real easy build for a beginner. 1 drive motor, 1 pump and 1 gun of 1.5 units.

N.B. Fast for me though.

7. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst could you go 1/2 pump 2 gun?

8. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Yes, that would be the other set up. The one I proposed was for the simplest/cheapest build.

9. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst In the IRC rule set, she has 3 units and is a pretty good beginner boat. We had a rookie last year with one.

10. BoomerBoy17

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst I dont know, she seems kind of slow at 28 seconds, and with only 1 rudder, her turning cant be all that great. She'd be eaten alive by someone's Iowa or SoDak

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Hmmmm maybe. She may turn just nice and her shorter length will allow tighter turning, with a lot of impenetrable area. A big bruiser is not going to waste precious ammo on it.

12. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst I agree with you on that Curt and she could slide up next to a large ship and do alot of damage before you know it. Do nt under estimate those little class 4's

13. klibben

klibben Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst From what I've seen she's a great beginner ship, slow but turns great, and deadly with twin sterns.

14. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst "I dont know, she seems kind of slow at 28 seconds, and with only 1 rudder, her turning cant be all that great. She'd be eaten alive by someone's Iowa or SoDak"

I'm pretty sure the Kelly boys in the IRCWCC would laugh at that comment. Their Scharnhorst is an annoying little pest that usually comes off the water with 3 holes tops. with only a powered center shaft and a too-small rudder (still only has a class 2 rudder), she can out turn nearly everything on the water and her accelleration/deceleration is excellent. If you dislike patching holes, this is an excellent ship to run.

She'd eat a Sodak or Iowa for breakfast in points one on one.

15. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Yes I can tell you first hand about the Kelley boys it is kind of what I could only imagine it would be like to stick your hand into a bucket full of piranha. I could not shake them to the point I felt it safer to run between the two Yammers and take my chances with them than to spend another minute with the Kelly’s pounding me all over the place at least it was a faster death LOL [:D]

16. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst We put a new rookie out in one this year and he did great except when he parked next to shore at regional (spring).

17. BoomerBoy17

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst How would the Suffren do? I is faster, and also has a center-shaft, and has 2 rudders(3 units). it should fair quiet well, right?

18. crzyhawk

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Suffren's turning should be excellent. The one I have seen in Treaty is probably the best turning heavy cruiser I have seen out there. The issue with her in the IRCWCC is her speed. Off the top of my head, Suffren is like 640ish feet long, so there's a lot of target area and she's not any faster then the battleships, so she's be pretty likely to be pounded on if you make a mistake.

If the rule changes that you guys were talking about about adopting something similar to the MWC cruiser speed rules, I'd guess Suffren would be an excellent cruiser, if not the best on the water.

19. BoomerBoy17

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst ok, thats what i thought, about the speed rule change thing. And she is 643 ft long, the shortest heavy cruiser available from BC

20. crzyhawk

RE: For Sale/Trade: SMS Scharnhorst Well Cleveland counts as a heavy cruiser and is shorter then the Suffren, but has only the single rudder. The Cleveland hull can also be used to build the USN 8" CA USS Wichita (a very cool looking ship in my humble opinion).