Forgot to Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SteveT44, Nov 30, 2010.

1. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Hello all!
    I'm Steve Tyng from the Washington DC area and new to this forum. Been interested in R/C warship combat since first reading an article in a modeling magazine back in the 80's. First met up with the MAG in 99 or 00 I think. Started rebuilding a WW1 armored cruiser and then got side tracked into R/C Tank Combat were I garnered a rep as a so-so builder and a lackluster battler! ;-) In 07 I acquired an old Bacon Maker and started to rebuild it on-and-off over the next couple of years. Last year I attempted to get serious with the BM and actually made it to an event for the first time were I was able to run the boat but unable to shoot due to electronics issues. This winter I’m making an effort to not only get a fully operational BM on the water but also a Mogador which I will be going all brushless and running LifePo4 cells. Through the magic of model memories and ESC’s I’m planning on running the ships in both IRC and Treaty formats.
    Steve

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

He lies! At least the "so-so builder and lackluster battler" part. ;)

Welcome aboard Steve. That VU moved well enough when I saw it on the water. I suspect it'll be a terror when the cannons are working.

Hope to see you at a battle in 2011!

3. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Hope that you enjoy yourself here.

There is a BIG Guns group in Virginia if you would like to stop by and say Hi some time.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm looking forward to what you can contribute to RC naval combat, Steve. As Mike says, your background is not so humble as you would have the teaming masses believe. Which is a good thing :) Those who have been fooled by it will meet your guns unaware :)

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Steve,
    I saw you at spring regionals with the BM , glad you are on my team...

6. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Typical Steve, he is luring you in! Welcome back, Steve! Come on by the shop occasionally through the winter.

Marty

7. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

So where does the MABG meet? Might be interesting to check out big gun tech.

Steve

8. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Steve
    Good to see you on this forum as well.
    And I am looking forward to seeing your French destroyer in combat.
    Mikey

9. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Hi Steve:
    Thank you for showing interest.
    You would be welcome to stop by and say Hi, and learn first hand the differences between BIG guns and the other types of combat ships.
    We have numerous ponds and meeting places that we use through out Virginia.
    Because our members are scattered across the State, we rotate which pond that we meet at.
    We have two ponds in the Frederickburg area one in Orange, one near Salem, one in Hampton and one up near Leesburg.
    Visit our web site for news on where and when we will meet next.
    mabg.org