FRSky Taranis is in the wild.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by wrenow, Sep 11, 2013.

1. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Quick update. Although they are still in short supply, my FRSky Taranis arrived yesterday, so it is in the wild.
    Liking it so far. Haven't used it much due to press of business (set the time and date, turned up the volume, set it to imperial units, but need to really go back to metric), and Iwant to do a clean factory firmware backup before I go too far, but I have already modded it to a non-factory neck balancer, added an extra XJT module to get the full 32 channels, and programmed a couple of the SBus decoders for the same purpose. Haven't tested it all out yet, but hopefully soon. Do like the feel, though.

My hat is oft to Aloft Hobbies for getting it to me so quickly. For our brethrin down under, Extreme RC is getting it C-Ticked, and some of the XJT modules and receivers are C-ticked and shipping already.

Cheers,

2. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Got second one from HK (much prefer ALOFT), but they have now been reported trickling in to LHS's. Graves RC had some for instance, Priced higher than Aloft, but available off shelf. I understand they are approaching 4000 sold so far, so some of the demand may be being met.

Cheers,