FS Bois Belleau

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by crzyhawk, Jul 28, 2008.

1. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

This winter I'd like to get my Belleau Wood up and running. Since she did some time in the French Navy after WW2, she'll be able to run French when necessary. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can get my white flags and if they have any diagrams for how to set up the auto scuttle feature.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

The Belleau Wood? I like that choice, becasue at one point it was to be named the USS New Haven, a city not to far from where I live. Good idea. Why dont you just google the flag, then scale it to size price it off and either laminate (or he cheap way) tape over it with clear tape?

3. klibben

klibben Member

[​IMG]

Of course, you'll need this handy French Army Knife... not to be confused with the Swiss Army Knife!

[​IMG]

4. crzyhawk

LOL Kenny got it! We've (Treaty) got a pretty decent amount of French enthusiests and it's fun to give em a hard time from time to time!

5. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

That was cold blooded.
    Mikey

6. froggyfrenchman

Kenny
    I don't recall seeing you waving any white flags in June when you ran my Strasbourg.
    I have not made mention of how you ran some enemy ships down and pounded on them pretty darn good when you were flying the French tricolor.
    You did mention that the Frenchies did well, but you didn't go so far as to admit that you actually ran a Frenchie.
    Kenny ran a Frenchie...hahaha.
    Mikey

7. froggyfrenchman

Stand by...
    A new thread coming up.
    Mikey

8. klibben

klibben Member

Yes, I did sail a French Ship, and I did do decent in it. A JAPANESE captain in a French ship. French captains... on the other hand.... different story, haha. In fact upon recollection, during my sortie, both French battleships were captained by JAPANESE commanders.

9. crzyhawk

Just like Napoleon, all the best French military commanders are foreigners. I'm not surprised!

10. crzyhawk

"French captains... on the other hand.... different story"

Is that why they scuttled the fleet at Toulon? They were afraid to see what the Germans could do with those warships and make em look bad!