GO PRO BISMARCK BATTLESHIP

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CURT, May 25, 2010.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well it took half the night and I mean after midnight toget this together. I am very new to this stuff but it came out ok for the first try. The laptop froze up on me twice and I only got one song on from GF's limited collection. Here is the link ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUkMtwE_Yd8 - ( To see Cannon action only)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znnlwr93u0E - (To see cannon and pump in action)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WLgPPC7OqA - (To see floating targets attacked)
    The final installment is on it's way and it 's shooting and cruising into some light chop.
    Enjoy the vids. :)

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am impressed Curt. Very cool shooting your cannons while on the move.

3. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

That is so awesome! The camera view and elevation really works well.

The cannon splashes kinda looked like a movie scene where the Bis is running and getting shot at! Heh.

Nice job, Curt!

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I believe this will be a very cool way to document battles and events in the future... especially if you don't have time to hold the camera
    I was waiting to see the cups...
    poor cups

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

What kind of camera mount is that?

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Iceman that was part of the video that got cut. It's past the 10 minute mark. However I will add the remainder of that video and there is another one but much shorter. I will work on that this evening and get it posted. I just need to work with the music and other things to make these vids better.
    The cups are coming. :cool:

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Jadfer you wouldn't believe what that is. It is a bracket from the inside of a photo copier. They are made of steel but as you can see hollowed out which makes it light. Perfect for mounting a camera like the Go pro and making it secure. Looking at that it's very difficult to believe that the mount was nearly destroyed when it was being drilled through on the DRILL PRESS . The drill bit caught the steel and it picked up the mount and turned it inside out and bent it into many pretzel variations as it funneled it's way up the exterior of the press in a twisted heap of metal. We though we lost that for good. Kudos to my buddy Sean and his amazing talent and determination in unwrapping the mount and using a steel anvil and hammer he pounded the mount back into shape to near original perfect condition. It took him an hour of hard labor. I rewarded him with a Chicken and Rib dinner. I'm more like the guy with the vision and he makes it reality.
    I got Yamato setup to accomodate this mount and I can drill out a spot on the stern of Bis and Yammer to get other views from that perspective. The Camer's own mount is flexible so from that perch I can get other types of angles. Best of all hardly a water droplet touched the camera.

8. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

That is awesome, really really awesome. I can't wait to see actual combat footage from that thing. One question though - how resistant is the camera to flying bb's?

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Extremely resistant. BB proof. These cameras are designed to withstand RC airplane crashes and large 30 ft waves crashing down on them. I seen one fall of a motorcycle that was going 78 mph on the highway. It hit the pavement and suffered only a scratch on the casing while it was still filiming waiting for the owner to come back and pick it up. THere's a vid on Youtube where a plane crashed from 200ft in the air and disintegrated around the camera. The camera was still filiming through the heap of debris the plane left when it pancaked into the ground. Also Mark from OAF used one perched atop C turret and it didn't get damaged from bb fire.

10. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Amazing what a difference it makes when you put the Go Pro atop a stable boat. I tried mine on a Big Gun lutzow, and I nearly got seasick watching the video. This seems much more stable, even with the camera mounted atop a pole at the bow. Now all you need is to try it in combat.

-Carl

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The closest to combat is those Tim Horton Cup Targets. I am currently uploading that to youtube and it's 3:10am my time. I had several aborted attempts. About half way there uploading right now. I hope I got it right with more music this time. This will be at the IRCWCC NATS battling and filming all at the same time. I will be uploading the vids to DVDS while there.

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I got the 2nd one ready to go but I didn't have time to change the music. This one shows Bis firing and using it's pump and getting the forcastle wet as it ran into chop. The 3rd installment will have the Bis shooting at the paper coffee cups. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znnlwr93u0E

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok this is the Third installment titled "BATTLESHIP BISMARCK ATTACKS" This is the one that shows the Tim Horton cups attacked not just by the sidemounts but also the stern sidemount and the stern gun. You have to look at the stern of the model to see the bbs impacting the water from those guns around the Tim cup.

Here is the link. The video right now is not 100 percent clear as it is currenlty being processed by Youtube right now but you can still see the action. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WLgPPC7OqA

14. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

WOW that cup almost had you, watch out for the Thermos,
    Ming

15. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Can't wait to see videos from Nats! Great Job!

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks warspiteIRC. I think were going to need few available laptops to burn these vids to dvds or cds at Nats. Imagine what the Ring of death will be like. Ming those cups can be lethal at close range firng their main msg's and keeping the crew over hyper-active!!

17. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It looks like the cup rammed the BIS

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That was a calculated maneuver by Tim Hortons.I hear they are going to deploy "Timbits" as MINES.