greetings ladies and getlemen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by krijn, May 30, 2009.

1. krijn

krijn Member

greetings
    i saw we are suposed to introduce ourselves so here it goes

i'm me.
    seriously, i am me, Krijn a member of the Ontario Attack Force and after years of labour and making stuff still working on getting my fleet operational.
    i have a number of ships but am slowly getting the nerves to build the main allied ships lost in the battle of the java sea, i already have Houston and exeter and have the plansets for all the allied cruisers and some destroyers taking part in that battle.

i do NOT build axis, its against my conviction.

Krijn

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Krijn
    Good to see you on the site.
    I have been reading up on the Dutch ships as of late. Very cool stuff indeed. I would like to think that I might get around to building either a De Ruyter, Java, or one of the projected battlecruisers in the near future. I like the Tromp also.
    Anyhow. Welcome to the site.
    Mikey

3. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Welcome.

I like it that there are other folks out there who build ships for histroy sake and not for thier battle potential.

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I've been jonesing for a Java for a long time now, as you well know!

The dutch battlecruiser would be an absolute nightmare for the Axis in treaty.

5. krijn

krijn Member

Mikey
    just a hint, after seeing the ribs for the dutch BC and comparing them to Scharnhorst.. no comparison.
    i have contacted the dutch maritime historical society and the dutch navy and here is the kewl part.. there are NO complete plans of the dutch battlecruisers.
    oneday when i have the time and space and energy i will build hulls for de ruyter,Tromp,and Java. i already have plansets for all these ships.
    krijn

6. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Krijn
    I was pretty sure that the stern would be totally different a a 4 shaft arrangement would require more hull volume than a 3 shaft arrangement.
    I still look forward to seeing one on the water.
    Mikey

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Werent the Germans involved with helping to design the ship? Perhaps the appropriate German firm might have some drawings which contributed to the design?

8. krijn

krijn Member

nope
    was a design by the marineambt fur kriegschiffbau a naval subsidiary in germany
    plans where destroyed

9. klibben

klibben Member

Nice to see you back i the sport Krijn, you took a bit of a hiatus last time I spoke with you didn't you?

10. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

11. krijn

krijn Member

Kenny
    life took over a while, wife,kid,rent,car the usual stuff, i didnt have a fixed job either and now i do.
    but yes.. boats where kind of low on my priority lists, i still havent returned to making more kingfisher floatplanes and my iowa has a bare stern now but that will change when i decide i will spend a wad of cash and make a new mold, should be easy as i still have 2 spare kingfishers.
    i used to be more fanatic but have calmed down a fair amount as it costs me $50 to drive back and forth to the current battlesite and if we switch to a new one it will be $60 every 2 weeks .. at that time i either find something local or step away as i can not justify the expenses.
    i still have the houston i got from you but she does look alot different now, she still needs a heap of stuff but is now floating and rc equipped she has 2 guns installed but no co2 system as i have a chronic lack of regulators .. especially lightweight ones .. and use exeter for most of my battling.
    iowa is under repair/upgrade and needs a lot of time and devellopment work, she is getting new magazines and exchangable turrets. (pull out turret complete with magazines and assorted stuff, maybe even solenoids, and swap for other turret with less guns) thatway i can decide if i go 2 x tripple bows and single stern (maybe rotate) or change it up to any combination i want.
    so plenty planned now all i need is car fixed, winning the lottery, buy me new tools and make new molds and get my boss to let me work less for more money.
    Krijn

12. klibben

klibben Member

I know what you mean, I've withdrawn from the battling season down here due to costs as well... hoping that next year it'll be cheapr, or I can afford it easier!

13. Bryan

Bryan Member

We love having him around, if ever in doubt he is our historical go-to-guy he is like a walking book on many facts, Hello Krijn!

( I even dedicated the Bismark sink video to him!)

Welcome

14. krijn

krijn Member

Bryan

i think they are starting to notice that in the trivia section
    as soon as i can figure out how to put 1 of the new pics from the bobcaygeon funfloat on here they can see most of my fleet
    for now a link to the oaf weill have to do
    http://ontarioattackforce.multiply.com/photos/album/41/BOBCAYGEON_Funfloat

Krijn
    ABDAfloat
    OAF
    http://ontarioattackforce.multiply.com