Grove report

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Oct 30, 2008.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Well it looks the Halifax Water Commission has started lowering the water level in Lake Mic Mac. You can see the beach is now another 6 ft out from where it used to be at the battle site. probably an opportunity to look for some long lost parts. The project should be completed by next spring.

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Well it is good that you will not loose the pond but it looks like Uniacke House maybe the better venue. I hope to get down for at least one battle next summer maybe two.

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The uniacke house will probably be a better venue but the Grove is great for test sailing.

4. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

I seen the lake yesterday and I can't wait till it gets another 2 or 3 ft lower, Then i'll get the metal detector out and see if all the props and stuff we have lost over the last 8 years or so are still there.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Let me know if you find a N scale Toyota Chassis that was blown free from the car that was sitting on Yamato's deck.

ADM STOKOMOTO

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Hi: Went for a walk at the grove on Tue. I walked out about 50 ft from shore and looked for stuff. found one turret cover for a brit ship, one secondary from an axis ship, one life boat and the first metal air plane off Scharnie, but that was about it, sorry curt on car.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hey John that secondary did it look like a Yamato or Bismarck? I had some sheared off when the Nelson sheared away the guns off Yamato.

8. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

yup, looks like something off a cow

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Figures... ah well.. least till the cows come home..

10. DBowers

DBowers New Member

cool the nelson did the good little ship she coming along good i was bed rested for 2 mouth see ya soon hehe

11. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hey all, I saw on the TV last night that Lake Banook is going to begin refilling in a week or two. The Grove may be usable next year, not that it is as good as Uniacke House, but could be used for testing etc.
    J

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That sounds promising.

13. French_Frog

French_Frog New Member

Ahh the memories. Those were the days Nelson ruled the grove. Hey Folks! I'm back and the plan is to have Richi put into action for the summer. John where can I get a hold of some syntrex(or what ever the new plastic is for decking and superstrusture)? And Curt thank you for the Christmas card it's awesome to hear from you again. But anyways I'm back and I'm going to play both sides of the fence with my french ship.

14. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Welcome back!!! I am the new capt. of Scharnhorst and my name is Jay. I would be more than happy to give you a French battle ensign, a gleaming white cross on a sparkling field of white! Seriously though, feel free to contact me via e-mail. We will likely be battling at Uniacke House this year, the Grove was supposed to be empty but that seems to have changed maybe????? Only time will tell.
    Talk to you later, J

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Good to hear you are back Blair.

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Welcome back Blair! I look forward to seeing your French ship in action this year!

17. Chris Easterbrook

Welcome back Blair, I have heard alot about you.

18. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hey Blair,
    I have 3 secondary turrets for the Richelieu for you. Just come and get them if you want them.

19. Chris Easterbrook

Is there any plans to use the grove or will all the battling in HRM be done at Uniacke House?

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think it will probably be a split or used for testing if it is more convienant for people