Guy From Alabama

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PyromanDan, Jan 7, 2009.

1. PyromanDan

PyromanDan New Member

Hey,

I came here originally looking for a place to buy C02 canisters for my R/C Tank (never mind it) but after reading most of the topics, I find that this looks pretty cool and I would want to start! I live in Mobile, AL and there aren't any battle groups in this area, unless the florida battle group is in escambia, which is still a 3 hour drive.[:(] What would be a way to start?

-Daniel

2. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Yea but,you had one hell of a historical battle down there and you have the USS Alabama Memorial down there. I am here in the SF Bay area. We have the USS Iowa rotting and rusting away in our moth ball fleet. Check out the haunted ship thread that was put up. Welcome to our hobby and discussion group. Jump in when you can.

3. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

um lookin to move to Dothan, Alabama. in 5 years or so. so start now.also check here http://www.angelfire.com/al4/bama/

4. PyromanDan

PyromanDan New Member

Wow thanks for the site! I'll go check it out!

5. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Your not too far from La. March 13,14,15 Wade is having a 3 day battle at his place, he just finished his own pond, has Islands, and a bridge to cross over to them. He's just west of New Orleans. Alot of us will be going. Right now we have 19 signed up, but I know of a few more that will be coming, so it should be in the mid 20's I would think. For more info if your interested.

Visit this site

In the southeast region 3 of the MWC, we also battle here in Orlando, and Savannah, Georgia area.

6. PyromanDan

PyromanDan New Member

Thanks for the invite, but I don't even have a boat! :p

7. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

We have spare loaner boats if you wanted to battle, or you could stop by for a day just to check it out.

8. PyromanDan

PyromanDan New Member

Cool! My SATs are March 13-18, sorry

9. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Dan, you'll find that there are many opportunities to see a battle, but talking and learning about the hobby, especially here, is the best way i know how to become acquainted with it. Im a rookie too, and i just started my first boat, an DKM Admiral Graf Spee (fast gun, but thats a whole other topic). Remember, measure twice, cut once. Best of luck to you.