Hail!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BioTronic, Jun 3, 2008.

1. BioTronic

BioTronic New Member

Hi, I'm a 23 year old software engineer from Norway. My name's Simen, and I arrived here through random googling a couple years back (least I think so, I'm not good at measuring time). I thought, hey this looks pretty cool, but never got around to building anything, as I found no others who found the idea of RC naval combat interesting (weird people, I know). Then, about a year back, I managed to convince a few friends this could be fun, and we started planning. 1/96 it was.

One year later, we're still planning, and no real work done. :p That's not the whole truth. My Yamato mold is coming along, and the Musashi's hull will be started as soon as the first Yamato hull is done.

I study media and games programming at the University College of Hedmark, Norway, and have always been very interested in computers and electronics. I guess that's why I'm planning to control my ship with a laptop or custom built wi-fi remote (my receiver is a Linksys WAP54G wireless access poin), and also making my own PIC-based servo controller (I know, I should have used Atmel, as AVR was invented by norwegians :p. But Microchip gave me free samples much easier).

-- Simen

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Very cool, Simen! I'd hate to go diving for a sunken Yamato in Norway :) Last time I was there (pulled in to Tromso), it was _cold_. Very beautiful country you have!

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Welcome!

As a Sw/e myself.. I'm sure your familiar with agile methodologies. I recommend them for boat building. Work in simple cuts.

Sprint 1
    Get the hull looking right.
    Get the water channel
    Get the transmission
    Get the drive electronics
    Test
    Beta (in water)

Sprint 2
    Get the guns
    get the pneumatics
    get fire control
    Test