Hello from Arizona

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zombie0hour, Oct 27, 2008.

1. zombie0hour

zombie0hour New Member

Well i was looking around on the internet and discovered this interesting hobby. I live in phoenix arizona and I am very interested in getting started. Any advice?

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

Find someone close to you and choose what format you will battle in. Usually it is what's near to you ( for obvious reasons). Then choose a ship. I like to try a few out or watch some to see what ones I like. Then.... dive in, cover head, sell house and family, cash 401k, build pond, quit job cause you will be hooked...

or just build ship [:)]

3. zombie0hour

zombie0hour New Member

Where can i search for clubs near me? I am interested in Big Guns it looks like the most fun.

4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

I believe the closest club near you would be SCRAP based out of SoCal. I am currently in training in las vegas until thursday, but will be heading over to the LA area this weekend to battle. If you have the time and would like to come along, I'd be more than willing to take you on the LV to LA leg.

5. zombie0hour

zombie0hour New Member

I do not have that kind of time right now to go over their. I was looking for something more local. I guess its just not popular in Arizona. By the way do you or anyone else on this forum have links to sites that sell parts you use to build these ships? I do not have the money to get everything right now so i think i will just build it slowly step by step. The first thing i want to get done is the deck, and propolesion. (Pardon my spelling its very bad)

6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I thought John Clayborn is starting the Arizona Battle Squadron, using a type of big gun rules. While Kotori, Dan, the other big gunners, and I can provide some advice on big gun, he can provide you with a bit more info specific to his club.

7. squires

squires Member

welcome aboard

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

welcome zombie. good luck finding locals.

9. zombie0hour

zombie0hour New Member

Alright I just sent a e-mail to John Clayborn. Lets hope I can get a replay soon. Is he quite active?

10. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

look him up on the members list, then click on send him an email, and then, send him an email.