hello from florida

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by roadkill595, Mar 5, 2009.

1. roadkill595

roadkill595 New Member

hello, Marc here. i'm 24, originaly from miami but now living in gainesville. i was fiddling around bored on the net one day when i came across the hobby and couldnt stop thinking about it. i'm currently building a 1/144th scale north carolina class. i'm also searching for a local club. i work in a building that has a pond onsight so i figure even if i can't find a local club i might be able to start one with some interested co workers. i'l probably also start a journal of my current build and post it.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hi Marc, welcome to the hobby! You are very fortunate in that you live in an area that has quite a few battlers! Several live in the Orlando area, as for the rest, David (who is a Floridian) can probably tell you better. I'm from south Georgia, so we'll probably meet lakeside at some point.

But there is definately a group of battlers in your area!

3. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Welcome Aboard. Glad to hear youre starting up, too bad its on the allied side, oh well.
    Good luck on the light side.

4. Tugboat

We need more allies in Region 3 :) With Roadkill getting into it, that will give us FIVE allied battleships next year! Vanguard, 2xKGV, and 2xNC :) RAR!

5. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. roadkill595

roadkill595 New Member

Thank you all very much. i'v had some hear say from friends about local groups so i'm having them look into it. i'm also only a couple hours from orlando and and hour and a half from jacksonville so i figure there have to be some clubs within reach. if anyone could get me some specifics though i'd realy apreciate it.

7. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Hi Marc

We battle here in Orlando, were part of the region 3 group, we also travel up to Savannah a couple of times a year to battle with the other guys. We have a build session just about every Sat at Ricks up in Sanford, he has a nice canal behind his house we do our testing in.

8. roadkill595

roadkill595 New Member

great. i'l probably try to make it out there one of these weekends. taking a look at ship up close will probably help me out a bunch.

9. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Welcome to Region 3 MWC. We have a very active group in the Orlando area that battles in Sanford as their local battle and they host a few regional battles each year. There is also the Regionals hosted up in Savanah Georgia. I myself am one of 5 now up in atlanta Georgia or the near by region of it. We make it out as we each can to some of the regional battles and are trying to get about work and family to get a few local battles going.

If you are building an NC class you have some great guys down in Orlando who will be able to help you out. Atleast one battles an NC.

And Tug really Region 3 has plenty of Allies, it is in need of more Axis types with boats to match to those large hull volume and good number of gun bathtubs you guys got. the liuttle PE and my little KPW are not enough to run with the big guns, but I am glad for our smaller Axis partners out there,

10. Tugboat

Not my fault the Axis decided to save their backs the lifting! ;)

If it makes you feel better, I have a Lutzow hull hiding in the shop that I'm going to get set up as a loaner/team-adjustment boat, even got a radio for her. I also have ribs cut for a Hyuga class BB plug. If I make it in 'glass, I'll be driving it, you can bet your... bippee :)

11. roadkill595

roadkill595 New Member

so i'm going to try and make it out this saturday with a friend of mine. who do i talk to about where and when?

12. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

We will all be going to New Orleans for a battle this weekend. We plan on meeting the following Saturday at Rick's in Sanford. Check out the Battlers Connection web site, for his contact info.